Emily in Paris

NormanH

Thank you Norman .. I don't think it's for me ?

.. though I did like some of the tweets quoted in the article ..

Several women complained about the impossibly good looks of Emily’s downstairs neighbour, Gabriel. “I’ve lived in Paris for nearly 10 years and I’ve never had a neighbour as handsome as that” ..

and ..

“I’m Polish and I’ve lived in Paris for 14 years,” said another. “I can tell you: this is exactly how the French are.”

Excellent ?

Oh, Norman! You piqued my curiosity, so I went and had a look at the series, and have binge-watched four episodes! It's quite fun, in a sort of Mary Tyler Moore sort of way. And the French themselves are already quite good at that sort of thing. Think of "Amélie", or the excellent series "Dix pour cent" (on Netflix as "Call my Agent".

Well with all this talk about the show, we tuned in for the first episode last night. Mee oh myy, it was not our cup of tea so far.  I think we might give it one more try with episode two before we rule it out completely.

And, I loved Mary Tyler Moore.  Also enjoyed Friends, Sex in the City and Desperate Housewives.  We couldn't even crack a smile during the first episode of Emily in Paris.  Quite the opposite actually.

Oh well. 

My wife has started watching it after I read these comments. Too early to say anything yet. I have no desire to watch it.

I did however watch every series of the Marvellous Mrs Maisel and (as a man) found it absolutely great - she too and her husband spent time in Paris. Like most TV Americans who rent in Paris she has to slum it in a flat, not with the usual view of the tower, but Place Dauphine on the Isle de la Cité!