Abandoned Brit Jaguar at Primark

I was at Primark in Paris on Friday and in the car park was an abandoned (loverly) silver 2005 Jaguar. The tyres were flat and it looked like it had been there for a good couple of years. Dust all over it.....but immaculate.

Anyway, I have the reg...how do I track it ?

I was wondering how it got there. Stolen or dumped ?

Being a good citizen I would like to inform the owner where it is.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Edit...if anybody wants it...you can tow it straight out.

What happens when you put the reg no in that site?

It was probably stolen and dumped there. Not sure Jag owners shop at Primark LOL

Mind you the owner might not thank you, they will probably have been paid out and bought a new one by now.

I don't think you can sleuth it yourself albf, vehicle ownership details are protected personal information, you can't have them accessible to the public. If you watch police thrillers, it seems that even policemen get into trouble for requesting ownership details for improper purposes like saying the vehicle has committed a traffic offence and they are going to pull it over, when really they just fancy the bird that is driving it and they want to find out her address.

I'm not paying to find the owner....LOL.

It is in front view of the main entrance to the shopping centre in the underground car park on level 1.

It must have been there a few years. Since 2019 I guess.

If I was still living there I would have it. LOL.

The thing is, nobody cares. It will be there next year and the year after that.

It is a JAG !!! It is free !

I can't believe the locals have not towed it.

You can tow it out...no probs.

I quite fancy it.

The latest MOT says it needs a bit of work.

But why is it there ?

Do you reckon there is a body in the boot ? Eeek !

This would make a very good start to a detective story. I might pinch it (the idea not the car).

It won't be a body in the boot but it will be something very shocking, I haven't decided what yet.

Coming back to reality though - what would you do with it if you did help yourself? You would end up starting another of those "I' want to register this car but I haven't got the right documents, but there must be a way" threads on an expat forum. Double LOL.

Reminds me of the time, some years ago now, when Chris Evans broadcast an appeal on the radio in London for someone to pick up a car (I think that was a Jag) he'd left parked at CDG airport in France, somewhat rashly he mentioned that the key was one of the wheels, of course he never saw it again!

Many may remember the scabby wreck of a Merc which sat in virtual pole position in Bergerac airport forever too.

AnOther wrote the following post at 25 Oct 2020 19:16:

Many may remember the scabby wreck of a Merc which sat in virtual pole position in Bergerac airport forever too.

We were there once (in 2010) to collect our son who flew in from the UK whilst OH and I were on holiday in the Dordogne. I do remember there being a motley assortment of abandoned cars in the airport car park .. so it was difficult to find a free space. Presumably, with the modifications there the wrecks have been removed.

Years ago at Caen Ouistreham too there were many such wrecks abandoned in the car park .. hopefully they have now been removed.

My town in Normandy occasionally has Brit vehicles abandoned in the main car park. There was a big Audi 4x4 that was there for the best part of a year, and also a London taxi that sat there for months, then someone put A Vendre sign in the window and sat there for many more months. Sooner or later they all end up in the municipal yard and eventually they vanish. Last time I saw the taxi the bonnet was off and it had no engine in it.