My itchy feet!

cooperlola

Wonderful photos, Bob T, and nice one, Coops.

When we first came to France to look for a house, we put in an offer for a property in the village of Ballee near Le Mans.  At that time, the ring road in Le Mans was just full of those red plastic road blocks.

There were lots of areas of the Sarthe that we liked very much.  For example, the countryside between Le Mans and Paris (St Calais, etc) were wonderfully zen.  We didn't end up there because our property sale in the UK fell through and we had to very reluctantly withdraw our offer.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Richard51"]Rose I think we may be near neighbours [:)].  Bob - love the ariel photos but also loved the plane - I'm insanely jealous [:D].  Coops - I hope that whichever way the road takes you that you have a wonderful time - more important than the views are the lovely people you'll meet on the way.

Mrs R51

[/quote]

Hello neighbour... we're about 45 minutes west of Beynac [:)]

[quote user="Rose"][quote user="Richard51"]Rose I think we may be near neighbours [:)].  Bob - love the ariel photos but also loved the plane - I'm insanely jealous [:D].  Coops - I hope that whichever way the road takes you that you have a wonderful time - more important than the views are the lovely people you'll meet on the way.

Mrs R51

[/quote]

[/quote]

And I am 30 minutes north west of Beynac.

[quote user="Bob T"][quote user="Rose"][quote user="Richard51"]Rose I think we may be near neighbours [:)].  Bob - love the ariel photos but also loved the plane - I'm insanely jealous [:D].  Coops - I hope that whichever way the road takes you that you have a wonderful time - more important than the views are the lovely people you'll meet on the way.

Mrs R51
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

30 minutes by air or road? [:P]

[quote user="Théière"]

[quote user="Bob T"][quote user="Rose"][quote user="Richard51"]Rose I think we may be near neighbours [:)].  Bob - love the ariel photos but also loved the plane - I'm insanely jealous [:D].  Coops - I hope that whichever way the road takes you that you have a wonderful time - more important than the views are the lovely people you'll meet on the way.

Mrs R51

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

30 minutes by air or road? [:P]

[/quote]

8 minutes by air!

"I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned one of my favourite places on

the Gironde  - Talmont. Lovely romanesque chuch in a commanding point

overlooking the Gironde."

Brianagain, excellent suggestion and I would add to that visits to La Rochelle, Saintes and  Pons.

Cooperlola, the weather in March might be very mild and you could enjoy some lovely days but it can also be wet, wild and wintry at that time so take your thermals.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Sounds like there won't be many excuses for you all to join me for lunch one day when I'm on my trip.

[/quote]

Someone once told me here that the Dordogne is like one big village... it's nice to know that you lovely folks aren't that far away [:)]

[quote user="Cendrillon"]Cooperlola, the weather in March might be very mild and you could enjoy some lovely days but it can also be wet, wild and wintry at that time so take your thermals.
[/quote]Well, I came very close to just jumping in my car in November and setting off into the wide blue yonder but happily changed my mind because I was concerned about the weather and the next day it snowed!  I don't have much choice because I have to fit in with other things on the calendar and my friend but at least the days are a decent length by then and it may be a degree or two warmer there than here.