Airline ripoff

In the interest of not misleading the public, perhaps the title of the thread should be "Airline ripoff" as the problem, based on the article cited, is endemic in the aviation industry as a whole. 

Well, OK, they should announce the real prices on their site on page 1; and not charge Visa payment since there is no other option, but all I can say is I won't complain..

My son and I can fly Limoges/ Liverpool in the summer for 113 euros ( return ticket for the two of us ........... )

[quote user="Eos"]In the interest of not misleading the public, perhaps the title of the thread should be "Airline ripoff" as the problem, based on the article cited, is endemic in the aviation industry as a whole. [/quote]

Have edited it to use your suggestion

Wow the Daily Mail gets pro EU, whatever next[:-))].  However, this article is inaccurate, out of date and misleading and typical of the Daily Mail

The article although it features a Ryanair plane and mentions Ryanair several times, (I wonder why?)  it does not actually name Ryanair as being one of the companies that have failed to change their website to show clear pricing.

The Commission says 79 websites remain under investigation for advertising misleading prices, 21 because of problems of the lack of availability of the advertised offers, and 67 for unfair contract terms - a total of 137 websites in all, because some sites are in breach of more than one of the rules. The 137 websites under investigation represent about 80 companies - including "large brand" names and "lesser known" companies. The Commission said it cannot name the firms involved at this stage

So only the Daily Mail, not the EU actually name Ryanair as an offender [:-))]  Obviously O'Leary does not contribute to Tory Party coffers, does Stellios, he escapes a mention[6]

As any recent client of Ryanair will know, they have been compliant with the requirements of the EU for some weeks now, but why ruin a good story with the truth, they'll be telling you the EU has banned curved bananas next.[Www]

I find there is very little difference between booking with Ryanair and booking a ferry crossing, You first get a quote for the flight/ferry then you go on to add things like cabin/ club seats/ travel insurance, or if flying bags/ priority boarding/ travel insurance, can't see there a lot of misleading info there. Ryanair do offer for you to use different credit/debit cards but if you chose Visa electron there is no fee!

Whats all the fuss about, your getting some thing so cheap and you still want it cheaper!! I paid £41.00 for a return to Limoges last month, cost me more that that to get to the airport and have a coffee and a bun!

[quote user="whatdidsataneverdowrong"]

I agree.. so explain why my post listing several email addresses and non premium rate numbers to customer services in ryanair have immeadiately been removed by moderators.  The BBC has published these also ... So you think your members should not have contact details to ryanair?

What is going on here?

[/quote]

I noticed your posting and before I could note  the details it was removed. As this information has been posted on the BBC making it public knowledge,  I cannot understand the action of the moderators. Hopefully, the moderator who removed this extremely useful information could explain the reason for this action.

In the meantime perhaps you could post these details on the other site (TF).

Baz 

[quote user="whatdidsataneverdowrong"]

I agree.. so explain why my post listing several email addresses and non premium rate numbers to customer services in ryanair have immeadiately been removed by moderators.  The BBC has published these also ... So you think your members should not have contact details to ryanair?

What is going on here?

[/quote]

By the way, matters regarding the running of the forum should not be posted on open forum - you can contact the moderators or admin if you have a comment or complaint.

[quote user="Jacqui Too "]

Whats all the fuss about, your getting some thing so cheap and you still want it cheaper!! I paid £41.00 for a return to Limoges last month, cost me more that that to get to the airport and have a coffee and a bun!

[/quote]

Jacqui

That's most sensible and realistic post on this thread....The Airline Industry could be about to implode due to oil prices (Euromanx suspended services today) so at the moment I'd just be grateful I'd got an airline flying to the destination I want to go to..

Rgds

Stefan

Not another tiresome Ryanair bashing thread.....[8-)]

If the deleted post was offering contact details to complain to the airline, then it's no real loss.

If anyone is dissatisfied with Ryanair, why don't they just boycott them and find a more expensive and less convenient way of travelling......