Ryanair booking error!!!

Shoop

Just booked flights for four people to Carcassonne for July,unfoutunately in my excitement of using my new pre-paid mastercard and saving £38.50 in booking fees i,ve miss-spelt a christian name on the booking form (margeret/margaret) My question is will this make any difference when i print my e-tickets, unsure what information the barcode contains.Hope it,ll be ok don,t fancy the wrath of OL.s booking centre and a chance of being heavily fined for a name change!!!

Best of luck but don't you find it outrageous that such a tiny typo should even generate such a question or raise the prospect of having to pay to correct it ?

If you'd written something completely wrong, such that it could even remotely be thought of as changing to a different person completely, then OK, but for the simple error of typing an a instead of an e.........this is the sort of thing that understandably get's people riled about RA!

I remember not so long ago when I used to travel on Easyjet quite frequently and I just used to put an initial and it was never once queried, wonder what would happen if you tried that with RA ?

[quote user="AnOther"]Best of luck but don't you find it outrageous that such a tiny typo should even generate such a question or raise the prospect of having to pay to correct it ?

If you'd written something completely wrong, such that it could even remotely be thought of as changing to a different person completely, then OK, but for the simple error of typing an a instead of an e.........this is the sort of thing that understandably get's people riled about RA!

[/quote]

Don't agree Ernie - the more that others make these mistakes means less to pay for the rest of us, long live RA's business model. Also attempting to define "tiny typo" would be a nightmare. The only way that most of us learn from our mistakes is to pay for them so MO'L is really doing us a favour [:D]

John

Firstly thanks for your responses and support, although John appeared to want me arrested and heavily fined for my misdemeanor.Contacted ryanairs call centre on your advice was put through in under a minute, had the name changed, conformation sent out to me and wished a happy new year..........result OL long may you reign you,ce just won another fan

Wow!  Aren't you the lucky one!  The Easyjet site has no telephone number - well, none that lil' ol' myopic me could find -  and the 'contact us' page sent me round in circles so perhaps Ryanair should be aplauded.  I flew Easyjet last weekend and at least I understood what the pilot and stewards/stewardesses were saying.......... and they had a sense of humour, rather essential given the horrendous travelling conditions.

[quote user="Gemonimo"]Wow!  Aren't you the lucky one!  The Easyjet site has no telephone number - well, none that lil' ol' myopic me could find -  and the 'contact us' page sent me round in circles so perhaps Ryanair should be aplauded.  I flew Easyjet last weekend and at least I understood what the pilot and stewards/stewardesses were saying.......... and they had a sense of humour, rather essential given the horrendous travelling conditions.[/quote]

Look on saynoto0870 website for non premium rate numbers

[quote user="Shoop"]Just booked flights for four people to Carcassonne for July,unfoutunately in my excitement of using my new pre-paid mastercard and saving £38.50 in booking fees[/quote]

Hi - which card did you buy, how much did it cost and can you buy one on line? Can you use it to buy anyone's ticket, or does the card holder have to be on the same booking?

[quote user="Polly"]Hi - which card did you buy, how much did it cost and can you buy one on line? Can you use it to buy anyone's ticket, or does the card holder have to be on the same booking?[/quote]

We have bought an "escape" card - available via phones4u and online. It can used to buy tickets for anyone. Available in the UK only at present.

Regards

Pickles

Hi Polly, used the caxtonfx currency card which is reccomended by the money comparrison sites for use with Ryanair, aquired it on line, loaded free with sterling on line, costs £1.50p per transaction with no monthley or yearly fees.Apparantly it gives you free cash withdrawalls from auto banks within europe but for me i,ll use it solely for the half dozen or so flights we make with ryanair per year. Not sure if you need to be the lead passenger would be usefull if you didn,t obviously for friends and family

[quote user="Shoop"]Firstly thanks for your responses and support, although John appeared to want me arrested and heavily fined for my misdemeanor.Contacted ryanairs call centre on your advice was put through in under a minute, had the name changed, conformation sent out to me and wished a happy new year..........result OL long may you reign you,ce just won another fan[/quote]

This can't be true - Ryanair are meant to rip you off are they not? Oh and be uncontactable and unhelpful!  Next they will be charging me a total of £6  for my Stansted/Poitiers return trip next month

Long live Ryanair, best bus service ever 

Polly, you could have a look at wirecard mastercard, this is a virtual mastercard, governed by the german central bank, operates in euros, is easy to prepay if you have online banking, no registration etc charges ,the only charge being a €1 charge when you load money to your mastercard a/c, I think it is www.wirecard.com

Does anyone know if my French bank's "Carte Bancaire" (Mastercard 'debit' card) counts as a 'prepaid' Mastercard? Ryanair made much mention that a 'Mastercard prepaid' card would 'open up free booking to thousands more throughout Europe' and in the French section of the Masterdart website there are no 'prepaid' cards, merely 'debit' (CB) or 'credit'..

Many thanks.

[quote user="joidevie"]Does anyone know if my French bank's "Carte Bancaire" (Mastercard 'debit' card) counts as a 'prepaid' Mastercard? Ryanair made much mention that a 'Mastercard prepaid' card would 'open up free booking to thousands more throughout Europe' and in the French section of the Masterdart website there are no 'prepaid' cards, merely 'debit' (CB) or 'credit'..

Many thanks.

[/quote]

Bet it doesn't!

[quote user="Russethouse"]There was something about Ryan Air and these cards  at lunch time on 'Working lunch', the OFT are looking into it ......AGAIN ![/quote]

Why does the OFT bother. Even it wins and forces Ryanair to change the website the total price won't come down, just the constituent parts.

John