Which seat do you prefer on an aircraft

idun

I have just seen something on AOL about 'perfect' seats on a plane. If I could afford first class my choice may be quite different. So mine choice in economy is not the most popular at all. I like to be at the back, but with some usuable overhead locker space if I can get it and in an aisle seat.

There are many advantages for me being there. With my bad knees, getting in and out of the seat is easier. Near the loo AND if they open the back door on the plane, can get off pretty quickly at my destination.

Ryanair or Squeasyjet my preferences is, or at least was, by the emergency exit or the very front row.  At least then I could sit without my knees jammed into the seat in front.  I understand that you have to pay extra for these seats on RA now so I won't be doing that anymore [:@]

In any case, always a window seat so you don't get your shoulder knocked every time someone passes.

Oh first class would be a luxury ... I keep promising myself, one day ...

But Mr. N. and I are tall and so prefer aisle seats across from each other, at least you can put your legs out. However, coming back from San Francisco last year on a packed flight, we couldn't sit together so he was in an aisle seat several rows in front and I was stuck in a middle economy seat, fat bloke to my left who was overflowing into my seat, woman who reeked of cigarettes on my right, screaming kids in front and someone with knobbly knees in my back behind me. Dreadful flight, noisy, even with earplugs, and not a wink of sleep.

Yes, first class ... that's definitely the way to go (reminder to self: must buy lottery ticket)

Mr S & I prefer adjacent aisle seats - only problem is if the person sitting in the next seat has a weak bladder!!  Went to Thailand in February - Mr S really pushed the boat out when booking flights - we went Premium economy - bigger seats, more leg room - MORE MONEY but heyho whatever, after two trips to the US with American Airlines cattle truck style he said we had earned it.

According to today's Daily Mail seat 6A is supposedly the preferred seat - that is if you can afford to fly First Class.