Springwatch with Meg

Meg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard and then saw our first grues (cranes)of the year this afternoon in 47 near Tournon D'Agenais, though our French neighbour said more had probably passed over in recent nights. There were about 40 circling on a thermal, quite high but clearly visible with binoculars. He (French neighbour) said "l'hiver a passe" (sorry about the lack of an acute)  - let's hope so. All the other signs are good with lots of daffs, crocus and cherry blossom and the thermometer just hit 20deg C in the shade. Though it's probably a bit early to take off the pool cover just yet!

Peter

Obviously spring is a little late in the Correze, but the Cranes arrived by night.  I could hear them, but couldn't see them.  While calling the female cats in away from two marauding males who were intent on having their wicked way.  So spring has finally sprung.  Mind you, having looked at the long range weather forecast for the next 10 days - temperatures are due to drop to -3C overnight during next week.  So my swaying in the breeze daffs might get a bit of a shock.

PS, the male moggies are out of luck - all four of my female mogs have been neutered.

We saw them today... How exciting... picked hubby up from Bergerac airport and on our way back up the RN21 we saw loads of them... we pulled off at our turning and in the end we had to stop the car to get out and look... they just seemed to keep coming... we even saw a big ball thingy dance too... fantastic!  They looked like they were on the way to Perigueux!! [:-))] [:D]

or at least they were heading off in that direction! [8-)]

My neighbour just dragged me outside to watch and listen to to what he said were wild geese flying overhead.  There were hundreds and hundreds of them, heading due north.

He reckons that's it now, winter is over (and he's nearly always spot on with his predictions on all things weather related).

[quote user="Cat"]

He reckons that's it now, winter is over (and he's nearly always spot on with his predictions on all things weather related).

[/quote]

He lied to you Cat! Snowed yesterday and blinking cold and windy today..........back to dressing up like something the michelin man would take out on a date. [:(]

Oh well...........2 weeks 'till it's officially spring! And 3 and a bit until the clocks change!!! (not that I'm counting........)

Me too...............[:)] I luv spring

You should start one of those count down thingeys that Ali had when she was moving ...... wonder where she got that from??

We have so many spring lambs around here at the mo , they are so sweet

Funny you should say that I have just been booking my flights , coming 12th may for 10 days and 8th july for 10 days , I promise the sun will be shining[:)] I should know better than to book so far ahead as my life will do some thing to get in the way of coming . Im better being a last min gal !!! But wanted to make sure I had my flights booked for the fireworks , cant wait .......[:D]