planning permission

woody234

Just submitted my declaration prealable for the garden shed and received a receipt from the Mairie.  It says that if I haven't heard anything within a month I can start the work after having

- posted the receipt on the plot, visible from the road

- installed, for the duration of the work, a panel visible from the road, describing the project.

Seems a bit OTT for a day's work, does everyone do this?

No, ours is going to be round the back where no one can see it.  It's a demountable meccano type shed bought on-line from Castorama.

Moreover, I am prepared to take it down if anyone objects.  I'll have enough to do working out how to put it together without posting a notice outside so that all and sundry can come and have a laugh at me whilst I'm doing it.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

No, ours is going to be round the back where no one can see it.  It's a demountable meccano type shed bought on-line from Castorama.

Moreover, I am prepared to take it down if anyone objects.  I'll have enough to do working out how to put it together without posting a notice outside so that all and sundry can come and have a laugh at me whilst I'm doing it.

[/quote]

Hi sweet 17, if "JulieP " who posted earlier , was building this shed ,she would certainly  be wearing her bikini and rubber gloves !

[quote user="sweet 17"]...  I'll have enough to do working out how to put it together without posting a notice outside so that all and sundry can come and have a laugh at me whilst I'm doing it.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, can I call you for help if I have problems? [:D]

[quote]Just submitted my declaration prealable for the garden shed and received a receipt from the Mairie.  It says that if I haven't heard anything within a month I can start the work after having

- posted the receipt on the plot, visible from the road

- installed, for the duration of the work, a panel visible from the road, describing the project.

Seems a bit OTT for a day's work, does everyone do this?

[/quote]

I did put a copy of the approval of the DdT on the boundary when Mr Clair started digging the hole for the pool a few years back.

They are blanket rules and the relevant works dept is hardly likely to bring a list of exceptions or concessions...

[quote user="sweet 17"]

[/quote]Ditto sweets. There will be no one to see ours either, tucked away as we are both at the end of a lane and in the woods, same with the above ground pool and decking soon to partially surround it. If we ever decided to sell, which is the only time I could really forsee any problems arising , either, or both, could be gone within the day [:)]

Even if we did post a notice with no passing traffic the only people who would see it would be visiting friends and the postie and even then nobody can see round the back without actually going round there so no point in advertising at all.

[quote user="BJSLIV"]Any construction  work that changes the exterior appearance of a property will require permission.[/quote]

What's the penalty if you change the appearance without permission?

I must confess that I removed a back door, blocked half the opening and fitted a window above that. It never crossed my mind to ask for permission [:(]

Am I in danger of being dragged off to the village stocks - or worse?

[quote user="LEO"][quote user="sweet 17"]

[/quote]

Hi sweet 17, if "JulieP " who posted earlier , was building this shed ,she would certainly  be wearing her bikini and rubber gloves !

[/quote]

More like dungarees and steel-capped boots (just to look the part, you know).

Anyway, Leo, haven't seen you here for yonks.  Is life treating you well?

Are you doing any illegal erections this weekend?