Accented characters

Crusher

[quote user="groslard"]My point about the yahoo account is that you type in without accents..it corrects them, adding them, then you just copy paste the text..
[/quote]Will it do attachments too, Groslard?  I tend to do a lot of my French stuff in Word.  But I guess the simple way is to paste them into the mail once done?

Always used free download from www.avisoft.co.uk and passed it on to many friends who use it successfully.     I'm a touch-typist and use a Qwerty board because of that, but their version works every single time when I want to type in French.  You don't click and drag, you just put your mouse to the character you require and click, it then enters into your script.

[quote user="Pads"]

Much better than the one I had already Thankyou [kiss]

Now has anone got a chip for my brain to help me remenber this language which Im convinced they just make up as they go along [:(][:$]

[/quote]

If only I'd known I'd have mentioned it earlier.....!    Ah well, better late than never.     Yep, in complete agreement about them making it up as they go along......we've got french neighbours either side of us and they both speak completely different.........what chance is there for the rest of us?      As long as we try they're happy enough and thats what counts. [8-)]

[quote user="groslard"]The easiest way (which I use) is to have a French keyboard: you can change between the two on Windows at the bottom right corner of the screen
There is another way, which is to use a French spell check.
I have one on Thunderbird for all my emails and you can have the add-on for Firefox too (Dictionnaire myspell en  Français)[/quote]

Outlook (and probably also) OE users can have spellcheck in French, also.  And Outlook provides an insertion icon if you're finding the spellcheck less than perfect.

• 3 weeks later...