At the till

Doodle

But, Banjoman, do you actually play the banjo?

There's a joke I know that starts:  Doctor, do I really have only 6 months to live?  Is there anything I can do to prolong my life?

Answer:  Yes, get yourself a banjo player and live with him.

Patient:  Will I live longer then?

Doctor:  No, but it will seem like it!

Sorry, Banjoman.  Frenchie will understand because I pull her leg all the time.  Welcome to the forum.  Hope you enjoy our company as much as I am sure we will enjoy yours![:D]

I won't answer for Ian because he will tell you about it.

He's very busy starting his news business ( auto entrepreneur),+ 4  kids !!   So he may not be much on here for the moment..

No doubt you should like him, he has a great sense of humour...  

Hello , and thanks for the welcome . I'm an inefficient guitar player , hoping to be able to play American country music on the banjo - first find the banjo ! ps I'm looking for a large , cheap , chest freezer ( congelateur coffre ) condition unimportant as long as it works ! pm me please

Can anyone tell me what the French is for

"Can you give the check out girl your payment now and while she is processing it, you can can finish packing the rest of your stuff away, because I am tired of waiting for people to pack their stuff away and then take another ten minutes to make payment?"

That would be very useful I think. :)

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]Can anyone tell me what the French is for "Can you give the check out girl your payment now and while she is processing it, you can can finish packing the rest of your stuff away, because I am tired of waiting for people to pack their stuff away and then take another ten minutes to make payment?" That would be very useful I think. :)[/quote]

Oh I feel sooo guilty now...

That s what I do, because they are too quick, and if I do as you indicate, she'll be busy with the next client while I'm still packing my stuff !!

When I'm with banjoman it is easier [:)]

Just as an aside Leclerc are launching a new loyalty card, it will accumulate points from all of their outlets (same as the U card) and not be restricted to separate accounts at separate shops as now. 

You have to change over to the new card but not sure when the cut off date is.  You can print off the form on line but not apply on line.  The way credits are calculated will no longer be on value but on the number of items bought with a circular badge on them with exclusions such as for single bottles of milk and drinks, (a 6 pack counts as one purchase).

How they are going to work it all out and accumulate the existing money credits from the different shops I don't know, I have "accounts" at five different shops, I suspect that when the new cards go in it will be best to "enlever" the credits from each outlet due to the new method of earning "cash back".

[quote user="Frenchie"]

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]Can anyone tell me what the French is for "Can you give the check out girl your payment now and while she is processing it, you can can finish packing the rest of your stuff away, because I am tired of waiting for people to pack their stuff away and then take another ten minutes to make payment?" That would be very useful I think. :)[/quote]

Oh I feel sooo guilty now...

That s what I do, because they are too quick, and if I do as you indicate, she'll be busy with the next client while I'm still packing my stuff !!

When I'm with banjoman it is easier [:)]

[/quote]

I have a cunning plan with that. I always put my fruit and veg at the end so it takes them time to weigh everything. Gives me time to get payment ready and organise the rest of the food while payment goes through.

Guess I'm too efficient and expect everyone else to be the same.

Plus I hate shopping and Lynda doesn't have a licence so I have to do it and I want to be in and out as quick as poss.

I tend to go at lunchtime as it's quieter. Weeks shop, in and out within 20 mins if all goes well! :)