Tip at Christmas

ngh

Does anyone know what is an appropriate amount to tip at Christmas is. In the past we have given the Pompiers 20 euro's when the visit and give us the usual calendar. Does that sound about right ? What about the bin men. We haven't tipped them before, but should we. We always get good service from all so we think that a tip at Christmas is a good way of saying "thank you" but the last thing we want is to offend. We get little presents for the Poste and Baker ladies children .

Any suggestions?

Cheers nich the wood

[quote user="Cerise"]

Does anyone want a great heap of calendars.  Don't mind giving the tip but haven't worked out what the heck to do with all those calendars.

[/quote]

Send them to poor forum users who would love to be in france for christmas ... have the flights booked ... but has been told she cant go [:(][:(]

We have never had the Pompiers visit. In fact, our postlady never has either but because of this forum I bought a card and put €15 in the post box for her and she came to the house with a choice of calenders. If we are here at Christmas not sure if I should do this again or wait until she comes to the door.

Do people go to the Pompiers or do they come to you?

[quote user="krusty"]The pompiers come to us ....we have never needed them but it is good to know they know where we are [:D][/quote]

Good point Krusty, I think I will ask our neighbours because I certainly want them to know where we are. [blink]

I give the pompiers a good amount because they did come to us once (ambulance) and were wonderful. Most of them are volunteers. I think the money they collect goes to updating their equipment.

And I give a smaller amount to the 2 men at the silos where I buy the chicken and pet food, they load the van.