Kababs

nom de plume

From time to time I enjoy the odd kabab but the way they are prepared

has got me thinking. You have a large chunk of processed meat on a spit

which is then rotated in front of a heat source. When the meat is

browned it is then shaved off. If the entire thing of meat was to be

cooked in one go I could understand that there should not be any bugs.

But at the end of a session the heat is turned off and the meat stored

in a fridge until the next time. Surely this is a recipe for food

possioning?

Diana

Lived in Saudi Arabia, Morocco, and the Yemen dined well in all of them. Unlike McDonalds nobody spends millions encouraging you to eat there. I used to dine in a Turkish Cafe close to the Tabard in Turnham Green. I do not like people banning things. I don't care much for evangelical religions either.

Ahh salmonella ona stick [:-))][:D]

My brother was a Chief EHO for many years and hated the things but couldn't find a way to ban them [;-)] he said they were not supposed to refrigerate them and then reheat etc. but they all do[;-)]

I always go for the chicken kebab on skewers (much healthier anyway [;-)]) cos' I don't like doner kebabs [:D]

I have a kebab about once every two years, but I don't have any trouble if I lay off the chillis. They're mostly a case of getting what you pay for, though the worst by far was in Paris. I think that the meat gets reheated to a suitable temperature on the magic roundabout thing, doesn't it?

Nom de plume, Dick is quite obviously on holiday as he didn`t correct you on your spelling![Www]

Iskender Kebab is my favorite , although I havn`t enjoyed one in years.  I have a cast iron stomach so do not have to worry what I eat.

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]Radio one had a phone in a couple of years ago about cheesy names for businesses and a mobile kebab van won called Jasons Doner Van.[/quote]

One of my work colleague is called Donia !

All the men in the office call her Dona Kebab!    Her mother must have had a good night out that night .......