2007 - A New Start - A New Regime

Suninfrance

I think what is sad about this is the fact that some people cannot accept their age.  If it makes her happy so be it but is she deep down happy when she feels she needs to dress in this manner? 

My grandmother looks beautiful on the beach in her floral frocks and shiny grey hair under a parasol.  She accepts her 86 years, is still very youthful and laps up the respect she gets from others for being a lady.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha Hoddy................ Hook, line and sinker [:-))][6]

Oh the subject of my grandmother, she is from a convent and thinks like a nun so I know I would not have that problem.  Now, my mother is a different kettle of fish.  Although she would never wear anything like a thong, if I do not like something she wears I will advise her it is not her style etc.  She will then take another look and think about it and usually she agrees with me.  I also like a little whisper in my ear from her or a friend should I get it wrong..... which isnt often[:)]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]I can't believe this thread. Has anyone got any pictures of handicapped children that some of you could rip the p**S out of?[/quote]

A person does not choose to be handicapped, whereas this person has chosen to wear this outfit in public...

Edit: personally, I find all thongs (worn in private or in public) in bad taste and repulsive.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]I can't believe this thread. Has anyone got any pictures of handicapped children that some of you could rip the p**S out of?
[/quote]

Dick, I'm personally mocking the obsessive body beautiful mentality of those dressed like the woman in the photo.  In my backpacking in the south of France days -(an attempt to avoid tedious lectures at Aix Uni[:)]), there were many many women (of all ages) who were quite proud to display themselves topless on the beaches  of the Cote D'Azur 'convinced' they were the bees knees. This is not about a disadvantaged member of society. 

People can dress as they wish but do you really think that those who dress like this on beaches want to fade into the background and their bodies ignored? 

Sorry, but I think the comparison to handicapped children is an insult to handicapped children. This woman is a fashion and body beautiful victim and the fact that she is more senior doesn't make it less ridiculous.

Gary, thanks for your consideration [;-)]

This IS supposed to be a diet thread.

The picture sparked off a lot of criticism and ridicule (and I am guilty of that too), but the lady in the picture is obviously oblivious and comfortable with the way she is.  I have seen many people of all shapes and sizes on beaches (particularly the nudist beach in Lanzarote) and they are not ashamed of the way they look or dress. 

Personally, I am not that outgoing and would not want my body exposed.  I do have serious "issues" about my weight and have had for many years.  But as LanguedocGal says, it is truly wrong to compare this lady with handicapped children - or even handicapped people for that matter. 

I love to sit in a cafe and "people watch" - I think we are all guilty of that one, but I think maybe it is time to stop this thread before it gets completely out of hand and go back to the original reason for this thread.

Maybe I'll just start a new one and only those who are serious about joining a "support" thread for dieting should contribute to it.

[quote user="Suninfrance"]

This IS supposed to be a diet thread.

Maybe I'll just start a new one and only those who are serious about joining a "support" thread for dieting should contribute to it.

[/quote]

No need, I've removed the picture that has, apparently upset a couple of people, it was only meant to be FUNNY.

I've replaced it with a frontal view.........................[:D][:D]

You can get back to your regime now......................

[quote user="Dirty Tom"]Maybe we could start a "Get a sence of humour thred"as well and support those who are lacking?[Www][/quote]

Maybe you could get just a little bit of good taste and sensitivity, eh?

Or is anything fair game as long as you two think it's funny?

Now, what do we call people who behave like that... let me see...

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/cake-1.jpg[/IMG]

Some Good Taste then.............................................[Www]...............................[:)]