Quignon

Teamedup

[quote user="Teamedup"]Well that is what it is called around here. Do any of you pull it off to eat on the way home.[/quote]

Always!! how can you resist the temptation!!

When I was a kid, on hols at my Gran's and fetching her shopping round the village, my siblings and I would fight for the quignon! and my Gran would look at us straight : 'Elle s'appelle comment la petite souris qui a mangĂ© le quignon?.....' Confronted with that it was not easy to keep a po face and not blush of embarrassment which showed who was the culprit........

[quote user="Patf"]No idea what you lot are talking about. What is it? Doesn't even come up on google. Pat.
[/quote]

Isn't it the crusty, crunchy end of a loaf?

Many years ago, queueing at the bakers, small nephew in my arms, I was alarmed to see that he appeared to be chewing on something.  When I asked him what he was eating, he pointed at the end of the french loaf under the arm of the person in front of me!

[quote user="Cat"]

Many years ago, queueing at the bakers, small nephew in my arms, I was alarmed to see that he appeared to be chewing on something.  When I asked him what he was eating, he pointed at the end of the french loaf under the arm of the person in front of me!

[/quote]

[:)][:)][:)] Loved it, Cat!!!!

It reminds me of the ad on French TV about soya desserts. One very prim looking lady with her poodle, sitting on a bench. Next to her, a gentleman having his lunch. He is just opening his soya dessert, pulls the top off, and presents it to the dog to lick. The lady quickly puts her dog on her other arm, bends down, and licks the soya dessert top. You just have to see it, it always cracks me up!

Just had a dilemna to try and resolve:

Walked to our bakery "Marie" (new in town) where they bake some really good old-style baguettes, i.e. with lots of holes, grey-looking, not the industrial plastic muck that now passes for baguettes in too many places!

Since it is a newly-opened bakery, they have their special baguettes Marie "en promotion":

4 for the price of 3.

On the way back, what was I to do?

What would you have done about the 4, no 8, possible quignons?

Dick, two hours later, I finally GOT IT!!!!!

I know I should be ashamed of myself for being so slow (I put it down to a big lunch with Languedocgal2[:D]) but I'd forgotten how many people keep calling the town hall, the "Marie". I keep wanting to correct it every time but I would hate to appear pedantic and obsessed with le mot juste.[8-|]