glut of strawberries

Tag

There is supposed to be a glut of strawberried this year, but is this really being reflected in the prices? The local Super U has them at 2.90 for a half kilo whilst the LeClerc is at 1.90 for 550 grams. How do your prices compare?

Funny you should say that - I, my son and my daughter are just about to consume a 300gr punnet of Garugette each in a few mins plus of course the obligatory cream and a little sugar - I buy them at our Friday market for 5€ for 3 punnets. I did buy some from Auchan at Perigueux the other week but they hadn't travelled well and were rather damaged so now I only buy at the market. As for price, well I don't think it's any different from last year to be honest but Garugette are more expensive than "yer average" strawberries and well worth the extra in my opinion [:P]

[quote user="Clair"]The Spanish ones are cheaper (€1.49/punnet), but not as nice, as the locally grown ones (€1.49 too but smaller juicier fruit!)

Strawberry Fair in Beaulieu sur Dordogne Sunday 13th May.

[/quote]

chere Claire

In France it is normal to put the € sign after the amounts n'est-ce pas? 

Its not exactly peak strawberry time yet is it, early June is when they should be in full flow in the SW of France the ones around at the moment are spanish or tunnel grown.  I hope tag is right, mine are looking very healthy and with lots of flowers forming.

I too have been picking and eating my strawberries for about a week........they are not from a tunnel or a greenhouse, just from the garden, I gave some to one of my neighbours who grows everything bigger and better than I do.......and she complimented me on them as theirs were not as big or ripe !

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Ron Avery"]chere Claire

In France it is normal to put the € sign after the amouunts n'est-ce pas?  [/quote]

No, it isn't, but I tend to do so when I write in English [:)]

[/quote]

Comment? Is that yes the € should go after the amount, as in 26.00€ taken at random from a French website or No it should go before, or it goes after  only when I write in English and substitute it for a £ sign?[:P]

Cher Ron,

In your world it is normal to pass comment on everyone else, n'est-ce pas?

Sorry to break your rules, but whether or not strawberries should be in full flow in June mine have been giving us a good punnet a day for the last week.

Lots of rain today so the battle against slugs and snails commences!

Jane

"Cher Ron, etc etc  What a pointless post.  You must be very proud of yourself.

If your comment is about the € then if Clair has a problem with that she and I know each orther well enough for her to PM me and not have you comment, thanks

As tag says the French ones are very early this year so it is not yet the normal season for field grown strawberries.