JK - what's next ?

Iceni

Hi Iceni,

No I am not influenced by the most beautiful city in the world.  The issues I have with E and horse are from my heart.

I always avoid E's as best I can and am surprised and disappointed that they are in so many foods here. However, I will just have to adjust to this and cook en masse from fresh ingredients.  I am a working girl you see and do not really have the time to visit the markets to buy fresh each day.  I wish I did have the time because the fresh produce there is superb.

As far as the horsemeat is concerned, I had really thought that this was now illegal and driven underground.  As I said, I have a wierd facination about it.  I suppose the same as kangaroo and crocodile where (and I will be candid here), if I were offered a piece, I would try.  But on the other hand it sickens me (as I am sure it sickens many) because of our relationship with the horse.

However, what confuses me is  that at the end of the day, those who choose to eat this meat will argue that this creature is not that different to a cow or a deer and I would not be able to argue against these points even though I feel in my heart that eating a horse is wrong.

[quote user="Just Katie"]I suppose the same as kangaroo and crocodile where (and I will be candid here), if I were offered a piece, I would try.  [/quote]

Delicious, especially Kangaroo[:D] Its like the finest piece of fillet.  Do try if given a chance (our local restaurant serves it and I quite often partake when I am there.

No idea Clair. JK, in her reply, referred to horsemeat and food additives but that may have just been a red herring.

I see from the BeeB that 4 horses in Hong Kong have tested positive for banned substances so perhaps that is a clue but who knows ?

Insp. Clouseau