Kangaroo

Sunday Driver

We spent the day shopping in La Roche sur Yon and popped into JP's Brasserie for a quick plat de jour - Kangaroo and chips.....[:)]

Very tender and tasty - a bit like beef bourguignon.

I looked it up on Wikipaedia when I got home and apparently it has anti-carcinogenic and anti-diabetes properties in addition to reducing obesity and atherosclerosis.

Might have to change my user name to Skippy.............[:P]

We've had kangaroo steaks in primitive Normandy for several years now, believe it or not. It was even served up at the annual cheveux blancs lunch for our commune a couple of years ago. And they liked it.

• 4 weeks later...

There are loads of places in Europe which have farmed Ostriches including a litentious couple in the Dordogne. One of my most bizarre moments was a being on an express train through Germany and speaking german for the first time in 20 years with a mixed group of Dutch, South Africans, British and Germans. I remarked I had just seet an Ostrich in somebody's garden. Linguistic chaos then ensues while I try and explain that it was an big bird that cannot fly from the South of Africa not somebody from Linz Graz or Wein and how could I tell at that distance. Apart from visiting the German TV Channel Pro Seiben which produced one good German pun "We were going to call it Pro Sex but is not everybody" it was just about the only fun I had over that vastly illogical and over complicated piece of software whose name described its clients SAP.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Might have to change my user name to Skippy.............[:P]

[/quote]

Er.............SD, I thought I was the only person who, having driven automatics for years, now forget that there is such a thing as a clutch.

Met an elderly, distressed lady in Netto's car park last week and she said she couldn't get her car to start.  So, I said, let me have a go and ...........yes, you guessed it, I forgot to check if it was in neutral and the start was a bit "skippy"[:(]

Oh dear Doux! I am trying to think who it was that said that the old ones were the best ones       so I can smack him in the kisser! Groan [+o(]

They go along with a Crimble cracker joy that I once had it said that "we are born crying, live complaining and die dissapointed". It really made my Christmas thinking of that?