Christmas dinner

Frecossais

Glad somebody mentioned bread sauce, as I shall get very ratty if not provided with some to eat with Christmas turkey chez my No 3 stepson. Best part of eating fowl, in my view. on second thoughts, I shall offer to make some myself.

I fear that there may NOT be Xmas pud, as Chilean d-in-law fancies making something different, from home.

Hope to enjoy a banana for New Year's Eve, though...

Angela

We always celebrate Christmas the same way (not very imaginative but it's a time of year for tradition). Every Christmas Eve we host a traditional Swedish Christmas meal with a group of friends. The meal consists of pickled herring(several varieties), Gravlax and othe Swedish delicacies washed down with schnapps and beer. Then on Christmas Day itself we go to friends for an English Christmas dinner with all the traditional trimmings including bread sauce which actually is not something I go overboard about.

[quote user="Frederick"]Xmas day we are being fed by daughter... Boxing day its open house with us for we think will be 12 to 14 ...plus dogs !  There is a gammon to cook that will go onto a buffet style laid  table .  Two are working one on a ward one in a bar and some driving  up from Bath .They can all come and go whatever time  they please and eat or go hungry as they see fit ..

[/quote]

That's exactly what we're doing both days. Grandaughter and I have been putting our heads together about the games we're gonna play, and today grandson found another one: you know that game where you have to pass a balloon from one person to another without touching it with your hands? Yep, that's on the list too.

Baby is currently being taught to clap his hands for his party piece - not there yet with that one.

I have enjoyed reading about your Christmas dinners, what a variety you lot are eating. We're doing the traditional thing with turkey, but no bread sauce, we don't like it, and frankly there'll be too much on the plate as it is. Have to leave room for the Christmas pud!

A very happy Christmas to one and all.

I said earlier that it would be just another working day for me and asked what day of the week it fell this year, shame I didnt get an answer or be bothered to look myself as I gave an English lesson today and said "see you again next wednesday" [:$]

Were I to keep track of the date then I would have perhaps realised that today being the 18th..................................

So far it looks like I will remain within the budget I set myself for this festive season €0.00 [;-)] I cannot actually think of anything that I have bought out of the ordinary, I did bring a £9.99 frozen turkey back from the UK for friends but it wasnt a Xmas present at such, I would have done the same at any other time of year if cheap turkeys were on the shelves.

For us, its more about where it'll take place.Normally at elder son & DIL's house in Reading.  Then, a suggestion that we might go to DIL's mum & dad's place.

Fine by us: we just go where we're pointed.  Then, (for reasons that I wouldn't begin to bore you with) its back to the usual place.  

Its me who'll be cooking: elder son not back from work till 15.00-ish, & others leaving for the airport (yes??!!) at 18.00-ish.

My traditional Crimbo morning tipple is 'Gin & It' - don't ask why, its just something that I do & like.  By the time that lot have sorted themselves out, I'll be snoozing.

Off on our way tomorrow morning - have a good and safe time all of you.   

50€ which is a bit steep but the dishes are all made on the premises by an excellent chef..

A standard 3 course meal is 24€

I had lunch there today and this was the venison in  a nicely bitter cranberry sauce accompanied by sweet potatoes, mushrooms and endive

[URL=http://s253.photobucket.com/user/bfb_album/media/20131222_125040_zps1e5cd4fe.jpg.html][IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh80/bfb_album/20131222_125040_zps1e5cd4fe.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

As you can see it was nice enough to eat outside by the artificial skiing for children, provided by snow cannons despite the warm Sun

[URL=http://s253.photobucket.com/user/bfb_album/media/20131222_121158_zpsfca36927.jpg.html][IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh80/bfb_album/20131222_121158_zpsfca36927.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="idun"]That looks rather delicious NH, when is this menu for exactly, revillon or xmas day lunch or evening?

I only ask as all the restos around us were always closed on xmas day, what with being open all night for the revillon.[:D]

[/quote]

Please excuse me for butting in when I am not even talking about my Christmas dinner.  Don't know what it will be yet....

Id, I just want to alert you to a PM for you today or tomorrow and I am using Norman's thread, in case you miss it!

Bon apetit, everybody!

[quote user="NormanH"]50€ which is a bit steep but the dishes are all made on the premises by an excellent chef..

A standard 3 course meal is 24€

I had lunch there today and this was the venison in  a nicely bitter cranberry sauce accompanied by sweet potatoes, mushrooms and endive

As you can see it was nice enough to eat outside by the artificial skiing for children, provided by snow cannons despite the warm Sun

[/quote]

A good deal for a freshly cooked Christmas dinner, I haven't ever done it,but I think eating out in England on Christmas day is at least if not more expensive. You're lucky with your local eatery.  And you have sunshine! It's blowing a hooley here and tipping it down. Some attractions have been closed down for safety's sake.

Bon appetit and enjoy your Christmas.