Carved Sign.

Chris Head

No it's not Punch, well most of it isn't, some of the backgrond waste was hogged out with an electric chainsaw but other than that it was anything that got the job done, router, dremel, electric & standard chisels, arbortech, flap discs on angle grinder, dual action sander...if it shifts the wood I use it! It's not hard to do, once the layout is worked out the rest is just patience.

I spelt 'fendus' wrong to start with Lisleoise, it started as 'fondus' much to the derision of the client & the blokes who work at the bardeaux factory!

I really like your work Chris, I am into the "rustique" look unlike, himself. Postie likes everything to be perfect  so we sometimes come to blows (not literally) about the bits for the house. In a very old, crooked house 90 degrees is sometimes out of place, so we have to compromise!!! [8-)]

Keep it up    [;-)]

Mrs Postie

I just chopped out the bit of the 'O' and glued on another bit, sanded & shaped it Sweet.

Thanks Mrs Postie, hmmm, 'perfection'...what's that? You've set me off now! I research alot from interior magazines and everything seems to be just too perfect, most of the things I see are mass produced and lack any soul or spirit, there's no point trying to compete with people who have big machines and big workshops, I can't...but nor can their machines compete with me 'cos the machines and the operators have as much imagination as a boiled haggis! The down side is that people who work with their hands actually spend alot of time on a piece they're hooked into and time costs money but most of us will never realise the value of our work, I personally don't care much for money and rarely earn artisans rates as I've already said but that doesn't matter I'm happy doing what I love doing and that's priceless. It'd be good to get a break from one of the big boys though, it'll happen one day I guess.

Another wee example...it's only a simple mirror frame but it can't be found anywhere else, once the joinery is done it was attacked with a chainsaw then sanded lots. Anyone can do it.

[IMG]http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo62/Stihldude/DSCN1910.jpg[/IMG]

as much imagination as a boiled haggis

Do you know many Haggis to say that they lack imagination, boiled or otherwise ?? I know some very imaginative haggis, some boiled some just rare ( like most haggi' ) thats a collective term for a family for all you heathens, and as if to prove my point how often do you see them??

Not very often, and why................. IMAGINATION thats why, they choose the very best in raw materials for camouflage, heather, grass, red deer hair and stone coloured stuff !!!! I dont know its name because i have insufficient imagination to guess but its definately stone coloured.

So come on Mr Head, prove me wrong, yours truly, Hugh  [:P]

[quote user="Chris Head"]

The piccy doesn't really show it very well, it's heavy, two of us had difficulty moving it. Oak again & three days work.

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc194/louanchris/DSCN1900.jpg[/IMG]

Ok, I'll shut up now!

[/quote]

It don't look much like Borderoe to me either?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think That Jonz was referring to the fact that the picture has vanished.

Don't worry Jonz, i didn't get to see it either. Or the other ones.

Apparently Mr H is now charging for folks to see pictures of his work. Kinda pay-per-view [:D]

Can't be right M&M. EVEN my pikkies aren't worth paying for, so Chris doesn't stand a chance there!!

Wotdyer mean Chris, wotdam I on? Just the norm, too much work, not enough play/pay!! My name int Johnafffffon Woss yer knowz!!!

Now where's this blomin pik of the carved sing!!! GYFO!

How bizarre to see that piccy Mooky! The house I grew up in was just a few hundred metres from those cliffs and I spent loads of time fishing on the beach just where the photo was taken! In the summer we used to go out in boats and haul in the mackerel and make a killing from the tourists. Those were the days when kids were free to roam and explore without the problems of today...thanks for the memory trip!