Todays post

Well there's me minding my own business when a lorry turned up with 2 pallets on the back just for me! Look what was on them!!

[IMG]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/louweezel/IMG_4982.jpg[/IMG]

I have been waiting 6 years for this delivery............

And no, there are no hammers in this picture!

I am sooooooooo excited its unbelievable!!! Now all i need is, the roofer to turn up, himself to sort lighting/electrics, a  workbench, bit of wood for the anvil to sit on, a flue pipe/chimney, some coke, loads of metal bar............a few more tools...............registration...........

[:D]

WJT, yes it is! I'm loving the matching blue theme too.............won't last long though!

Jay.........um i think I've done enough

Dick, what won't i be making!!! The sky is NOT the limit!

Chris........shut up, you're jealous cause i am cooler than you cause wood is rubbish!

Tresco................i am soo happy it hurts!!!!

[:D]

Edit: just for scale the anvil weighs 127kg the forge a ridiculous amount!!

Ummm i don't know what i make!!! I am not happy defining myself!

Seriously though, it is the process of making and not the object that gets me inspired. For me it is always all about the material and the processes that are used.

I  think i see myself more as a craftsperson rather than artist/designer. It's the metal and my interpretation of it that matters.

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant but you'll have to get that new look off it soon! How heavy is the anvil?

My forge is an old car rim lined with clay and a blower from an old central heating boiler.  My anvil is a chunk of railway line cut and shaped to standard 'London' patten by hand.

I recently was given some old bandsaw bldaes so I was going to have a go at some Damascus Steel, can but try..... (no. 4357 on To Do list)

Do you use coal or charcoal?  I started with charcoal as it got hotter but I found it a bit 'Sparky' so now use coal, I was probably using too much air.

Can you let me know the name of the supplier please?