Moving to France

frankgarton28

Hi Val2,

I'm confused..............we provide breakfast in the Chambres D'Hote as part of the "contract" ?

Should we not be feeding our guests at breakfast or is it the "type" of breakfast ?

Thanks Mel.

Anglo-Info information site.............

Chambre d'Hôte

A chambre d'hôte may have no more than five bedrooms and accommodate at most 15 guests. It offers:

Furnished accommodation

With linen provided, and the room cleaned

On a night-by night basis

With breakfast included in the price

Hi NormanH,

Yes, that's correct, as part of the "family experience".............although in practice we'd be lucky to get chance to have a bit of toast and a quick cuppa and it would certainly be a long breakfast for us as we serve from 8am- 9.30am !!

And our guests can come down to eat any time between those times.

Hope the season has gone well for everyone.

Kind Regards Mel.

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]

[quote user="AnOther"]I know Chambres D'Hotes qualifies as I have friends doing it but is B&B classed the same ?[/quote]

What's the difference apart from the language? Genuine question.

[/quote]

The breakfast. UK = a greasy horrible heart attack on a place or in France, a light continental with bread/croissant, chocolate/mil/coffee etc.

Thats the difference and in cost too.

UK breakfasts and French breakfasts are the same at home in our family - cereals, fruit juice or smoothy, bananas, fennel tea or coffee - very enjoyable! I've also had some dreadful breakfasts in France, along with the lovely ones with a wide range of fruit, cheeses, meats, yogurts etc on offer along with bread, croissants and cereals. I wish more places offered pain au chocolat instead of boring croissants - although there are poor versions of those around too! One of our many boulangeries does absolutely delicious pain au chocolat - probably just as well they have often sold out when we get there!  [:D]

[quote user="idun"][:-))] Croissants and brioche for that matter are light Val?[;-)][/quote]

Compared to agreasy fry up british style, I would have though far better for you but obviously not both at once. Brioche here is more for goûter than breakfast. We have croissants perhaps once per month but usually OH has his two slices of 0% brown bread and I have just coffee.

Truthfully, I like fried food. I do. Depends on the stodge, but there is quite a lot of stodge I am quite partial to too.[Www]

Diabetes, well, that is something I do wonder about, so we'll see what gets thrown at me in the future. But heart attacks, well I have normal cholesterol and a lowish blood pressure, so I don't really think about them really.

Our local collège has a breakfast laid on for 6eme during their first week there to show them that they should eat something substantial before school as many leave early and the parents who work cannot be bothered to feed them first. It came about when my daughter first started there as lots of kids were fainting halfway through the morning and it was discovered they have no breakfasts in their homes.

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]

[quote user="Cendrillon"]I think the real French person just has coffee and a fag for breakfast! [;-)]
[/quote]

It's the way they dunk the fag in the coffee that gets me.

[/quote]Doesn't that make the fag hard to light[:D]