One for the ladies - shampoo

Claire

I can definitely recommend Katie's Fairy Liquid suggestion. I've been doing it for years, as she says it produces a wonderful shine.

This thread has reminded me that some forum members were trying to manage without using any chemicals at all on their hair. Is anyone still doing it ?

Hoddy

[quote user="Hoddy"]This thread has reminded me that some forum members were trying to manage without using any chemicals at all on their hair. Is anyone still doing it ?

Hoddy[/quote]

Still no shampoo for me! Just a good rinse with water and a vigorous head massage under the shower [:D]

I haven't used shampoo since Easter Monday 2007 (9th April).

My hair has always been curly, but shampoo made it very frizzy and I used to have to buy "anti-frizz" (not anti-freeze!) serum to counter-act that [:(]

No more shampoo = no more frizz !

And no shampoo at the hairdresser's either, as I ask for a dry cut.

Altogether a very positive experiment for me [:D]

Try not washing it at all.  I used to have very thick waist length hair and just stopped washing it because it was too much faff.  Once you get through the first few weeks, it returns to its normal shiny condition.  People often commented on how lovely my hair looked and were astonished to be told it was only very rarely washed.  I think all this continual washing is very bad for hair and scalp and is something diddled up by the pharmaceuticals industry to flog us gullible lot their rubbish over-processed products.

We are back on one of my favorites again!!![:D]

18 years last Sept since my OH or me used shampoo. Just warm water and same as Claire! Good on yer Claire, glad it worked for you!![:D][8-|]

The 'poo' companies would have had a very thin time if they had relied on us over the years. Just google 'shampoo dangers' to see what lovelyness lurks in that nice welcoming container [+o(]

Edit :-  As a matter of interest those who say that it's easy for a bloke, well that's partly true, but my OH has lovely long hair and she has been 'poo free' for as long as me...

Just remembered. I went into a hairdressers not long back. A mixed place and they refused to cut my hair unless they shampood it first. were they ever surprised when I walked out. Public services don't tell me what I want and what I am going to have to do when I am going to be paying them!

Mind you the lady who now comes to our house to cut our hair was surprised to see just how clean and healthy our hair is without using 'poo'. Reminds me of what our dog does peut etra? She has a wonderful coat with no soap.

Smacked fingers for anyone who thought I was talking of anything but 'poo'?[6]

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/Celeroundtree.jpg[/IMG]

I'm amazed by this thread... I have long hair.. and I wash it every two days... and it looks fine, I am often told my hair is shiny and the hairdresser says it is " good quality"...

I think hair  quality and health also depends on the amount of vitamins and oligo elements you have in your food..   

If I didn"t wash it, it would look horrible, greasy...  

[quote user="Frenchie"]

I'm amazed by this thread... I have long hair.. and I wash it every two days... and it looks fine, I am often told my hair is shiny and the hairdresser says it is " good quality"...

I think hair  quality and health also depends on the amount of vitamins and oligo elements you have in your food..   

If I didn"t wash it, it would look horrible, greasy...  

[/quote]

Frenchie, fancy telling what you find amazing ? I am curious.

If you did stop washing it frequently (with shampoo), you would find it greasy for a while. Your body makes the oils to replace the stuff which is washed away by the detergents in the shampoo. After a while, you stop making as much oil and it does not stay greasy. It seems to me all about balance. All shampoo does is strip your hair of its protective oils which you then need to replace with conditioner. It is totally crazy in my view but I am as bald as a billiard ball so it doesn't really affect me now. I did have long hair at one time though...

Danny

PS if you didn't before, see the other thread on this matter when Clair and others stopped using Shampoo. It was very interesting

Still 'poo' free here & my hair looks & feels absolutely fine. It was hard going to start with, but once you get through that, no problem. I won't be going back to using shampoo. I think that's since November last year, I'd have to check the original thread though.

It seems there is a problem on our laptop Clair???

Hair & shampoo. I'm glad that my original thread is still going strong. Good for you JayJay. I hope that you all have a lovely Christmas and a wonderful poo free 2008!!

18 plus years later and our new French hairdresser would not believe, at first, that we haven't used shampoo for that time. You don't need to pay a  boat load of cash to chemical companies to strip your hair of the natural oils and then pay them again to put more chemical c r a p back to make it look natural!! All you need is the courage to believe that the first 3 weeks it will be greasy as it suddenly finds that it's not being raped of it's natural oils and settles down to a PROPER oil production. Ladies, even if your hair is the "fly away" type hair you will probably find that it's got proper body with its own natural oil. My Frances had really light hair before no-poo, now it has wonderful body, just like her!!! [:D]

Frenchy, your hairdresser is making money from shampooing your hair. What the hell else do you expect her to say?

Merry Christmas to one and all!!!