Six Nations 2007

Quillan

For those of us that follow probably the finest sport in the world I have placed below the timetable for the Six Nations TV listings and just to remind you how badly we did last year I put the the 2006 results table at the bottom. Watch out for Italy this year.

All matches are on BBC One unless stated otherwise.

Six Nations 2007
DateTeamTeamKO - UK KO - FR
03 February 2007ItalyFrance13:2014:20
EnglandScotland15:5016:50
04 February 2007WalesIreland15:0016:00
10 February 2007EnglandItaly13:3014:30
ScotlandWales15:3016:30
11 February 2007IrelandFrance15:0016:00
24 February 2007ScotlandItaly14:5015:50
IrelandEngland17:2018:20
FranceWales20:0019:00BBC2
10 March 2007ScotlandIreland13:3014:30BBC2
ScotlandIreland14:3015:30BBC1
ItalyWales15:3016:30
11 March 2007EnglandFrance15:0016:00
17 March 2007ItalyIreland13:3014:30
FranceScotland15:3016:30
WalesEngland16:3017:30
2006 Results
 Country P W D L ForAgainstPoints
France 5 4 0 1 148858
Ireland 5 4 0 1 131978
Scotland 5 3 0 2 78816
England 5 2 0 3 1201064
Wales 5 1 1 3 801353
Italy 5 0 1 4 721251

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Bugbear"]j'aussi......................................................  [/quote]

'Moi aussi!' you should say Bugbear!  (don't mind me correcting your French. Just helping you to mingle in the crowd with a little more local lingo[;-)])

Anyway what's your American football smiley doing here?.... Wrong sport.

Which nation will I support?... Well France of course ! but when France is not playing Wales has my voice (Gwlad! Gwlad! come on Boyos!)  and when Wales is not playing, England has my support (sucker for lost causes I am !)

Then for the World cup I will wave for the Sprinboek, on account that OH spent a lot of his childhood in the southern hemisphere, then the Aussies and Kiwies, don't know why... they're just arrogant...  and yes! my money is on the Kiwies to win it[:(]! unless the XV de France comes up with some genius moments and derail all the predictions from the pundits....

[quote user="Missy"]

'Moi aussi!' you should say Bugbear!  (don't mind me correcting your French. Just helping you to mingle in the crowd with a little more local lingo[;-)])

Anyway what's your American football smiley doing here?.... Wrong sport.

[/quote]

That's interesting Missy because I have always used the term 'Moi aussi' until my nearest neighbour (french) corrected me and said that it was more correct to say 'j'aussi'. Perhaps it's a local thing.

As regards the smiley, I couldn't find a rugby one....................................[:)]

[quote user="timc17"]Slightly off-topic. Anyone got tickets to the Rugby World Cup this autumn?[/quote]

I had a brochure and the prices were very expensive because you could not buy a single ticket you had to buy a 'Pack'. I don't fancy spending 500 odd Euros (I think it gets as high a 900) for 5 or 6 tickets just to see the one game I want. I see that there are companies now selling individual tickets although as far as I know they are not physically available. Our club president has said that this year your name will be on the ticket from issue and you need to show ID when you present your ticket when you enter the game. This is a good idea to stop touts but if true it does beg the question of how these 'respectable' companies can sell individual tickets. Perhaps our club president has got it wrong. Tickets will not be available through clubs either or so I am told.

Anyway, me and the 'boys' do a rota round each others homes for the Six Nations so once the tele schedule has been published we can organise ourselves. By the way ITV have the rights for the matches via TF1 but have yet to create the schedule.

[quote user="Just Katie "]

Well said Quillan,  Bugbear and Coops, you should be ashamed of yourselves[:D].

[/quote]

Katie, picture yourself in this scenario,

You're sitting in my neighbours house with every man from our small hamlet (8), plus a few of their friends. They include some big farm boys and you're sitting in the middle of them and we're watching England v France. Now, which flag do you get out when a try is scored.

Bugbear, I would never turn my back on my country just because I am surrounded by the opposition.  If I was one of the big french farm boys and an english guy came to my house to watch the match I would expect him to follow is own and would have some friendly banter with him on the way.  If he supported France, he would not earn a grain of respect from me.  You have really surprised me.[:(]

I'm only joking Katie..............................................................[:)]

I'm also a big farm boy,. I did get a bit wet though as apparently it's a 'local' tradition to throw a bit of wine about, and it's usually at anyone who supports the 'other side.

England

[quote user="Just Katie "]Bugbear, I would never turn my back on my country just because I am surrounded by the opposition.  [/quote]

Katie quite right!. I have been in pubs in Wales (when Wales play France) and I am waving the Frenchflag, with my French shirt on, singing away in French and giv'em the Welshies a real go when France is winning and I receive the same when the table has turned in the course of one same match. We all end up having some real fun time after! Win or lose! That's what I like about rugby!

Bugbear you must be a fluffy cat [:$] if the French burley farm boyos intimidate you.... 

I had to edit this! because it ***** out the word p u s s y c a t [:-))] as in 'The owl and the pussycat went to sea in a beautiful pea green boat !' ......

and I am sure it will now as I push the post button!......

[quote user="Missy"]

Bugbear you must be a pussycat [:$] if the French burley farm boyos intimidate you.... 

[/quote]

It was only a Joke girls, honest...........................[:)]

Now big burly farm girls, they do intimidate me.................................[:D]

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="Just Katie "]

[/quote]

You're sitting in my neighbours house with every man from our small hamlet (8), plus a few of their friends. They include some big farm boys and you're sitting in the middle of them and we're watching England v France. Now, which flag do you get out when a try is scored.

[/quote]

Well it wouldn't be the Union Jack Gary!   You wuss, enjoy the banter & wear your England shirt, if that's the match you're watching. Oh & pray of course! [;-)]

[quote user="timc17"]

Quillan,

I bought three city packages for Bordeaux - total cost £125. Four games at £31.25 each for myself and two sons is pretty good value compared to the recent WC'06 in Germany.

Tim.

[/quote]

That will be for the Ireland - Namibia, Ireland - Georgia, Canada - Japan and Australia - Canada matches. I was thinking about the team packs like for decent seats your looking at 655 Euros and if you want the quarter final and semi final as well then it's up to 1,305 Euros. Of course you can get a ticket for as little as 135 Euros if you don't mind sitting behind the goal posts at one end with a pair of binoculars.

I see that the touts are already offering semi final tickets at between 800 and 900 Euros so it would seem that the security precautions do not work although of course we don't really know if that is true till people try and get in to see a game. It has to be said that rugby tickets are cheap here (in France), we go to see Perpignan about once a month and the tickets are a flat fee of 7.50 Euros. The cup tickets at Narbonne were only 10 Euros each last year.

I was wondering Tim, did you buy from the stadium and did they put your names on the tickets?

[quote user="JayJay"][quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="Just Katie "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well it wouldn't be the Union Jack Gary!   You wuss, enjoy the banter & wear your England shirt, if that's the match you're watching. Oh & pray of course! [;-)]

[/quote]

Perhaps if I wear my England shirt people will take pity on me and let me sit near the front. They should give us cheaper tickets too, I mean, I saw the England - France match in Paris last year and quite frankly it was all over in the first couple of minutes. Still it could be worse, it could be England cricket [:D] .