Carte de sejour appointment - keep or cancel?

Tartiflette

Here you go, read and weep.

EU reveals no-deal plans...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46617152

If you have lived in France for 5 years you are allowed to stay and you will get a residency card if you meet certain conditions.

If you have not lived here 5 years then it will be up to the individual country to decide if you are eligible to stay..

I did say moving before Brexit was decided could be bit of a gamble.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Cathar Tours"]Well the next 12 to 24 months will prove one of us right and one of us wrong. So if it proves your right and I am wrong I apologise in advance so nobody will have to say I told you so.[/quote]

Drama Queen or what? Personally I have more faith in the French Interior Ministry than you.

[quote user="nomoss"]
[quote user="Kong"]Why does everyone write 'your' when they mean 'you're'?[/quote]

Either because they don't know any better, because they didn't pay attention or didn't stay in school long enough, or because they subscribe to the idea that apostrophes are redundant, in spite of the fact that they make text more coherent.[:D]

[/quote]

Stirring the pot here a bit:  I have read a comment elsewhere that if you cannot distinguish between there, their and they're, what makes you think you can plough through the brexit agreement and understand it????[:-))]

To soothe nerves here, there was NO mention of your and you're, so no need to feel you can't take part, OK?[:)]

[quote user="mint"][quote user="nomoss"]
[quote user="Kong"]Why does everyone write 'your' when they mean 'you're'?[/quote]

Either because they don't know any better, because they didn't pay attention or didn't stay in school long enough, or because they subscribe to the idea that apostrophes are redundant, in spite of the fact that they make text more coherent.[:D]

[/quote]

Stirring the pot here a bit:  I have read a comment elsewhere that if you cannot distinguish between there, their and they're, what makes you think you can plough through the brexit agreement and understand it????[:-))]

To soothe nerves here, there was NO mention of your and you're, so no need to feel you can't take part, OK?[:)]

[/quote]

[:D]

My favourite missing apostrophe was on a huge advertisement hoarding on the outskirts of Manchester - I was doing part-time English tutoring at the time and I liked it so much I took a photo and used it with my students.

XXX MOTORS - WERE THE BEST GARAGE IN TOWN

(but no longer are, presumably...)

[quote user="You can call me Betty or Queenie if you prefer"]Please don't look at this link if you find swearing offensive or indeed if you have a tendency to find anything offensive just for the hell of it.

You have been warned.

https://goo.gl/images/b56m5k[/quote]

Looks like current English usage to me. Apart from the grammar stuff ;-)

[quote user="You can call me Betty or Queenie if you prefer"]Please don't look at this link if you find swearing offensive or indeed if you have a tendency to find anything offensive just for the hell of it.

You have been warned.

https://goo.gl/images/b56m5k[/quote]

No-one like that on here![;-)]