Plants by post

CeeJay

Normally I go back to UK around this time and buy a load of plug plants to bring back, however due to the bad weather all supplies are well behind this year, so no plants!!

However I am sure it is possible to buy in France plug plants by internet, so has anyone any recommendations please?

I've had poor quality plants by post quite a few times from the company whose name rhymes with Wacker.

Over priced and poor standard.

They all looked worst for the journey in the post and some had gone beyond saving

Mind you, when I did complain about only 30 out of 50 young Privit not pegging it within a month they sent me another 25 FOC

John

I'd agree with JB.

We did buy from Jardin Express for several years running, but then had a dodgy batch of plug toms ('Apero') and haven't bought from them since. This year we bought the seed from the UK and have brought on our own. Another firm sent us a rose that was a completely different variety to the one we ordered (it was labelled as the one we ordered, but absolutely wasn't because we know the variety).

All in all, I'd steer clear but others may have had better experiences.

When I lived in the UK I used to get plug plants from Gardening Direct.  The plugs would arrive strong and healthy and well packaged, I would also receive more than I ordered presumably on the grounds of damage or failures, they must cost the grower nearly nothing anyway.  I had great success with bedding plants and toms, more than I ever did with seeds.

I just looked at their website and it seems they only post to UK so I am interested if anything similar is available this side of the water.

Oh yeah, as above I was disappointed to say the least with the plants from the outfit that sounds like 'Wacker'.  I was seduced by their fantastic catalogue  [:(]