trout fishing with accommodation

Hi all

Hubby is looking for a good self-catering place with lake or river trout fishing on the doorstep.

Areas around Pays de la Loire/ Poitou-Charentes

Googling hasnt really brought up much, so I thought I'd ask on here!

Merci d'avance

Johnnycarper (who posts on here) is your man - he may have the wrong sort of fish but I'm sure he's in the know.  I assume you mean for a holiday, not to buy?

I'll try to find one of his posts as I'm pretty sure he has a web link.

EDIT : No there's no weblink but you could pm him - he is the first poster on this thread: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1894520/ShowPost.aspx.  I know this is what he offers (although as said above, I'm not sure about the sort of fish as I know nothing about the sport) and a mutual friend tells me it's a pretty good place.  If he can't help he may know who can.

You could also look at:

http://www.federationpeche.fr/

Come south, loads of Trout and Salmon fishing in both lakes and rivers. We get people from all over the world come to fish here, Robert Redford apparently has a holiday home near us (according to the Ryanair in flight magazine) and can be seen fly fishing on our local rivers during the summer. He can PM me for more info if he is interested.

[quote user="Quillan"]Don't get excited RH, we saw him about 6 years ago just down the road. I won't be rude but lets just say that your memories of him as he was are the best way to think of him, Mrs 'Q' was very disappointed.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure some of my old beau's would be disapointed if they saw me now - some things are best left to the memory.[;-)]

OP - did you find this site ? http://www.hhfrance.com/Fishing_in_France/fishing_in_france.html

[quote user="Russethouse"]

[quote user="Quillan"]Don't get excited RH, we saw him about 6 years ago just down the road. I won't be rude but lets just say that your memories of him as he was are the best way to think of him, Mrs 'Q' was very disappointed.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure some of my old beau's would be disapointed if they saw me now - some things are best left to the memory.[;-)]

[/quote]

LOL[;-)]

[quote user="Cendrillon"][quote user="Russethouse"]

[/quote]

LOL[;-)]
[/quote]

[:D] As I explained to the OH the other day, the consolation is that I was a good investment - there is a lot more of me now then there was in my courting days - if only financial investments had grown at the same rate [;-)]

• 1 month later...
Just remember him in "The Way we Were"

R House and move on!.

We're still waiting for Scorsese to book in here some day. He's a big fan of Jaques Tati and we've had one of his mignons stay here before.

Sorry have hi-jacked the thread ,enjoy your fishing!