bookings for 2012??

willow

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="willow"]Is it our imagination or are bookings slow this year???[/quote]

I bet you don't get an answer or if you do they will tell you it's their best year ever. [;-)]

[/quote]

Only 4 weeks for summer left........not bad so far [:)]

[/quote]Erm... we're in the b&b / chambres d'hôte section so if you've only got 4 weeks of the summer left for bookings you certainly are doing well. [:-))]

I agree that enquiries are slow but my conversion rate is comparable to last year and happily, each booking is tending to be for more nights. Which is just fine by me! So swings and roundabouts, really.

Hi,

We are in our second year this year and have taken bookings since the beginning of the year and for longer stays which is good for us......less washing to do !!

Suppose you can never tell until the end of the year how its all going to pan out.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck all for 2012.

Best wishes Mel.

The viewings of our web-site are half to what they were the last 2 years, even though we are still on Page 1 of google.  However we are up on the number of nights booked by this time last year and like others have said they are for longer stays - a 14 nighter!! and a few 10 nighters in both rooms.  Also the bookings are nearly all for July & Aug already (May and June very slow).  Perhaps couples (we do not take children) are finding that it is cheaper to stay in a B&B than some of the prices charged for a gite in height of Summer.  We do not put up our prices for July & Aug.  Also this year nearly all Brits and hardly any long distance travellers which is unusual for us.   World is so unsettled so perhaps people are staying at home.  More Brits could mean they are escaping the Olympics!!!!

[quote user="Mattyj198"]I wish our place was a B&B this year.  Every month of the summer is gone and some weeks into the fall.  But I guess that's what happens when your friends find out staying at your place is free :-p  Gotta start charging :-p
[/quote]

Been there and done that. We had people 'pop in' as they were passing when we were on the canals. They must like driving as some had driven for three and a half hours to where we were moored. We also have this with our yacht but they all know that in season we are working and not sailing which "does not suit them".

Even before we left the UK and people said about popping over for a visit we made it quite clear that in season we would offer them a 10% 'friends' discount, not many came. We did tell them that if they didn't want to pay come in February or November but only one friend bothered.

Of course family is welcome anytime, if we have a spare room that is.

Just an observation from the point of view of a potential punter....

This year, for various reasons, I can only go away in August, for other logistical reasons I don't want to drive to the part of France (south-west) I want to holiday.  Now although the prices of Gites etc are mostly reasonable (although  some are waaaay out of my league) the prices of flights, even the low-cost carriers is huge.  This has really put me off so I'm thinking again of what to do