Do you offer a discount?

LesFlamands

We get a lot of enquiries that have obviously been sent to a number of other owners. They usually ask if the property is available for the dates they want and for confirmation of the price. As both the availability and price are clearly stated in the advertisement   we assume 'confirmation' is the same as asking for a discount. We never offer a discount and never hear from these enquirers again so we assume they've gone for the best price/discount offered - is it you?

I have done deals with people wanting an extra clean in the middle of a two week stay, not an unreasonable request.

I guess if I was desperate to fill a void, I would consider a discount but as the OP suggests people asking for one are unlikely to come back to book.

[quote user="LesFlamands"]

We get a lot of enquiries that have obviously been sent to a number of other owners. They usually ask if the property is available for the dates they want and for confirmation of the price. As both the availability and price are clearly stated in the advertisement   we assume 'confirmation' is the same as asking for a discount. We never offer a discount and never hear from these enquirers again so we assume they've gone for the best price/discount offered - is it you?

[/quote]

Nope!

Think a lot of us have given a discount at some time a few have turned into guest's from hell. We also get enquiries asking for our rate, which is clearly on our www they do want a discount I have found. We say to them;  sorry no discount at this time come back two weeks prior to their holiday and if we have availability they will receive a late deal. They don't come back and we fill the slot with a full paying enquirer no problem.  :-)

• 3 weeks later...