Views sought on bedroom configuration please

wiwaxy

So work continues apace in renovating our farmhouse in Aquitaine which will have its own pool and be split into two x two bedroom holiday homes.. All bedrooms will be ensuite and there will be an option of renting the property as a whole ie. as a four bedroom house.

The question is do I make each bedroom a double or consider a double and a twin in each apartment?

Alternatively, I could make configure one apartment with two doubles and the other with a double and a twin! Decisions, decisions. Any views would be greatly appreciated!

[quote user="wiwaxy"]So work continues apace in renovating our farmhouse in Aquitaine which will have its own pool and be split into two x two bedroom holiday homes.. [/quote]

Is it too early to mention the pool? You will have more than one family able to use the pool and that means you should be aware of the DDASS regulations regarding the requirements for water turnover rates and direct chlorine dosing. Sadly many of the large French companies don't help by not building what is required by the rules.  I am currently working on one that in no way would fit the regulations had I not stepped in.

I think there was a discussion on the forum about this a few months back. The consensus seemed to be that the ideal was to have twin beds that could be zipped together to make a large double when required. Angela

I agree with this, it may be more expensive to stat with but would most certainly give the most flexibility.

I would suggest buying only 90x200 beds and buying the outofeaden matress joiner... mentioned earlier on this site.

You can then market with all configurations and set it up accordingly.

I looked everywhere for a similar mattress joiner and only outofeaden do them and they deliver to France although pick up in UK would be for free.

Also, the beds I would suggest hunting the internet for a good bargain..