Bites around the ankles.. ?

joidevie

1. Only guaranteed cure - don't visit house.

2. Wear very thick socks, wellies etc. at all times

3. We burn citronella candles which defeat some of the little *******. Other than that your chemist will be delighted to sell you all manner of potions and lotions. Until you find something that works for you just remember "if you keep scratching, it won't get better".

4. And don't expect sympathy from other family members/visiting friends who do not suffer in the same way.

John

[quote user="andyh4"]

Avon - skin so soft - I kid you not.

Works for the boys out in Iraq and Afganistan, but AFAIIA not even Avon knows why.

[/quote]

Avon what?

I have been told that Savon D'Alep is good.  Though I have not tried it.

This could be a flea infestation.  If an animal has previously lived in the house then these little critters are patiently waiting for their next meal.  They are likely to be living under the skirting boards.  I am not sure how long the actual flea lives, the the egg will last up to twelve years and hatch anytime within. So you may think your problem has gone the lo and behold...........

Many homes where animals are present now have fleas.  The owners are often unaware of this because as long as they have the animal to feed off they pose little problem for the owner.

Avon Skin so Soft is a product range, shower gels, body lotions, bath oils etc.

Our last neighbours used to run a cat charity, when they sold the house and the present owner moved in they had to replace the skirting boards and have the walls replastered to rid themselves of the fleas. Gross !

Do you have garden furniture on the grass, ie do you eat at a table which is on the grass?  If you do, you could find yourself bitten to death.  We moved our table off the lawn for that reason and, phew, what a relief.  Midges and mozzies, particularly if it is humid.

I suspect if it were fleas that you would be bitten a bit higher up (unless you wear long trousers all the time).

Clearly a lot of interest about bites!

Well, it's not my house as I'm staying down the road this week and same problem! Fleas.. I'm not sure but hey, who knows..

It's a village property.. Midges? And ankles only. Mosquitoes seem to leave me alone!

I have noticed lots of little flies that are translucent white... they  bite me and the bite is very similar to a mosquito one.

I have come across may mosquito's but the ones in France seem to be very elusive... They are quite big but seem to fly undetected.

little shicks the lot

[quote user="Patf"]

Do the bites have a tiny blister  in the centre? If so it's aoutats. Keep covered up.

[/quote]

Without going into graphic detail, they itch and then seem to ooze a bit of clear/yellowish  sticky 'resin' type stuff. Sorry if anyone's having their dinner!

[quote user="joidevie"][quote user="Patf"]

Do the bites have a tiny blister  in the centre? If so it's aoutats. Keep covered up.

[/quote]

Without

going into graphic detail, they itch and then seem to ooze a bit of

clear/yellowish  sticky 'resin' type stuff. Sorry if anyone's having

their dinner!

[/quote]

Almost certainly aoûtats, as described above by PatF. Those are the classic signs.  You can use antihistamines orally from the chemist for the itching but not creams on the tiny broken blisters.  However, I would just wait it out.  Itching wears off after about 3 days. 

[quote user="joidevie"]Without going into graphic detail, they itch and then seem to ooze a bit of clear/yellowish  sticky 'resin' type stuff. Sorry if anyone's having their dinner!

[/quote]

There surely aren't people who read internet forums while having their dinner, are there?

Aoutats don't bite around the ankles. They travel up the body to foldy/sweaty bits - behind knees, armpits, naughty bits. Bites around ankles really do sound like fleas. You need to spray, and then spray again some time later - two weeks I think - to kill the new crop that will have hatched. Fleas can be eradicated.

I was bitten behind the knees and around the ankles.  Boots and socks = sweaty ankles! I even had one on the back of my hand and a couple on the inside of the elbow. [:@]  They get me this time of year every year.  Never bother the OH - but she doesn't strim and hack at grass.  Much to sensible, leaves it to the unpaid labour.

[quote user="joidevie"]
Without going into graphic detail, they itch and then seem to ooze a bit of clear/yellowish  sticky 'resin' type stuff.

[/quote]

Its plasma normally, but if yours is 'resin' based you could probably make a lot of money from it.

[:D][:D]