Reciprocal health arrangements if we are out of EU

Laurier

I am still in the process of searching for property and getting myself over to France as a normal pensioner.

Has anyone thoughts on what might happen if the UK came out of the EU - is this a possibility? I know this is crystal ball stuff and I don't know nearly enough about the euro zone arrangements but, having regard to how the "early retirees" situation has been and is being handled, I just wonder what the situation might be regarding health for us regular pensioners.

Laurier

[quote user="sweet 17"]

I agree, Benjamin, we're in for the long haul.

And I can't see sterling bouncing back against the euro any time soon.[:(]

[/quote]

How depressing! I do keep hoping it will improve!  [:D] Still, I did read in the paper today that being optimistic keeps strokes at bay! [:D]

• 2 weeks later...
Guernsey has a unique problem, as the ambulance service in that Island is privately funded and charges patients accordingly. However, the UK authorities are insisting that as they offer free emergency ambulance cover under a reciprocal health agreement, Guernsey must match this. Guernsey have declined, so not surprisingly the UK have not been prepared to into into a new health agreement.

Jersey recently renewed its with no problem.