mutuelles revisited

mint

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard, do keep up, old chap.  If you'd read the preceding couple of posts, Betty's should make very good sense and you might learn something to your benefit[:P]

Norman, I looked at that link and they have also contacted me but I believe that I have now homed in on one or two policies that might be OK.  In the end, I found that a basic policy is very little more than hospitalisation only and that will probably be the best route to go down.

Thank you again to everyone who have made comments and suggestions.  If anyone else want to put in their tuppence' worth, please do keep the advice coming.  I have till the end of next month to cancel my existing policy.

mint wrote : In the end, I found that a basic policy is very little more than hospitalisation only and that will probably be the best route to go down.

So, if your final choice eventually proves not to be the best route to have gone down you only have to suffer its exigencies for a year .. then you can look all over again next year ?

[quote user="richard51"]Twaddle - any acid would probably have the same effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_cider_vinegar[/quote]
Richard, Wooly and I, in our usual irreverent way, were having a bit of giggle together, that's all.  That's why I said "warts in inconvenient places".  This being presumably a family forum, I didn't specify where the warts might be!

So "any acid" might well not be something you'd want to apply[:P]

Anyway, I am no longer pursuing these childish jokes, not on this thread anyway.....this is topmost on my agenda at the moment, finding a mutuelle that will not "se ruiner" as the advertising goes[:)]

OK, Betty first [:)]  Yes, went on a couple of comparison sites and, as expected, some are better than others.  Most require you to give your details, accept cookies, agree to contact from their partenaires and so on.

Have, however, found a possible and will now have to do the telephoning thing.  At least they will have my name and I can give their reference so they should already know what I'm about.  What gives me the pips is when you have to repeat yourself ad infinitum and re-state your request over and over to whoever they pass your call to.  So, I shall do it later when I have fortified myself with some food[:)]

Richard, why on earth are you so insistent on what is "right"?  For heaven's sake, one person's right is another's dubious, n'est ce pas?  As both Wooly and I have explained, we were having a joke....a joke is funny or not; it doesn't have to be factually correct or not, geddit?

It's not called fact or fake news, it's simply called banter[;-)][:D]

Oh do grow up Richard. It was as much part of the joke as it was a recommendation. As it happens, I've tried it, it works. Why not stop setting yourself up as judge and jury about almost everything and make some constructive contributions rather than just criticising those of other people? And perhaps try the "physician, heal thyself "approach by trying to take a look inwards before dispensing judgment of others? Just a thought.

Yeah you're right. No doubt thousands of readers read my first comment and rushed out straight away to stock up. I'm sure they've been thinking of little else but a cure for warts and were combing threads about mutuelles for a solution. If they do, indeed, take everything as literally as you, they've probably ditched that idea in favour of hydrochloric acid by now, thanks to your input.