[quote]Is there anyone out there who downloads films from exeem etc and manages to transfer a good copy to a dvd so they can watch it on their dvd player, if so how do you do it????????? Please help me[/quote]

By the time you have waited for the film to download even on broadband. It's a much better idea to buy them from the "East" off Ebay.

[quote]Is this forum a suitable place to request or give advice about how to steal copyrighted items? I don't think so.[/quote]

Come on Mazan, are you honestly saying you have never taped a film from the TV? anyway according to the American courts recently P to P sharing is not against the law

Taping films for home use from the TV *is* legal. P2P in itself as a system for transmission of files is also legal, however sharing copyrighted material is illegal pretty much everywhere in the Western world.

BTW American law doesn't apply to either France or the UK (though you may have to remind them of that from time to time).

Be very careful about what you are downloading, as what is on the title of some of these movies is not necessarily what you end up downloading and you are putting yourself in danger of a visit from the gendarmes for much more serious things than copyright infringement.

Come on Mazan, are you honestly saying you have never taped a film from the TV?

French law fully authorises this. In fact French law (currently) allows for one copy of any CD or DVD to be made as a backup for private use, which is more than most other EU states allow for. However, downloading copyrighted items is decidedly illegal in France and the maximum penalty is high.

My personal opinion of the legality or desirability is neither here nor there. I just don't think that this sort of question should be raised here.

[quote]Is there anyone out there who downloads films from exeem etc and manages to transfer a good copy to a dvd so they can watch it on their dvd player, if so how do you do it????????? Please help me[/quote]

To answer your original question Krill, without getting "hung up" on copyright issues". Just down load the film, some sites let you do it in segments, onto your hard disc, a large hard disc capacity is required, then transfer it to a DVD. All modern DVD players should be able to play it. Just as Hegs says. Be very careful as you could download something you don't want.

[quote]I should worry. This link may afford some light entertainment, if you can read French: < http://www.neteconomie.com/perl/navig.pl/neteconomie/infos/article/20050211114040 > By the way, as some...[/quote]

As someone who owns copyrights, speaks French (God knows what difference that makes), and has them infringed everyday, which costs me a fair bit in fees owed, doen't sit in front of a screen all day watching my ego get bigger and bigger.

I repeat. Who the Hell cares. Life's much to short and as I've started to "cram" for my "finals"  by reading the Bible. I must get on, before the "Grim Reaper" greeps up on me! 

As someone who ....  speaks French (God knows what difference that makes)

The article in the link I gave was in French. Some knowledge of French would therefore be an asset in reading it, as I suggested.

I repeat. Who the Hell cares.

You clearly don't. However, the downloading of copyrighted material is a serious criminal offence. The copyright owners care. The French government, judiciary and law-enforcement care. It is simple and straightforward theft for which there is no defence. It is exactly the same as shoplifting or modifying your electricity meter reading.
Would anyone ask here how best to steal CDs from the local record shop or how best to overcharge a pensioner for plumbing work? I doubt it.
And would you care if someone took your car from the supermarket carpark? Perhaps you would. Yet they are only doing what illegal downloaders do: taking something that doesn't belong to them.

I would also point out the under French law discussions about how best to commit offences are also illegal and can result in a long prison sentence. I expect that you don't care about that either.

Just think Boghound, some poor sod has got him as a neighbour, anyway thanks to help from other forum members, (seems i'm not the only criminal on line ) my question has been answered, all you need is a bit of software that converts the vidx or xvid files to dvd and hey- presto it works so many thanks, this will be my last posting on the subject as I really do have better things to do, take care and support your local hunt

With due respect, Mazan's first posting on this matter was to ask whether an open forum was actually the place to discuss an illegal activity. I think his subsequent answers have more than justified his original satement / question. Particularly when one reads other postings on this forum which highlight how "the authorities" and others monitor the net. Under the circumstances, I am not sure that the snide comments about him are justified.

Not posted here for some time, too busy!  But what these people should have done instead of carrying on their conspiracy over the forum was to use the private message facility, perhaps.

Don't shoot me I'm only the piano player!  I'm not that bothered about copyright either, but I agree with the others re discussing any methods re infringement of them here.  You may want Mazan's help someday on here, doubt you'll get it now though!

Regards All,

Bob (aching, after rotovating 600m2 this afternoon!!)

I also think your comments about Mazan are unjustified. I often mention the fact that there are those who seem to sit on this forum all day and pontificate instead of simply answering the question. i don't think that you could put mazan in that category. In fact over the last two years I have gained much information from his postings as he seems ever willing to give the benefit of his wide ranging knowledge to those who need it.

On your question, you need a bit torrent client, dvd santa and away you go.  On the legality question, a french teacher was fined 10,500 euros two weeks ago for uploading a large amount of music. it appears that downloading is not necessary illegal, but sharing that copyrighted material with others is. Therefore the person who uploaded whatever you have downloaded, is committing the offence at the present time.

[quote]Is this forum a suitable place to request or give advice about how to steal copyrighted items? I don't think so.[/quote]

Is this forum also the place to discuss Satellite tv ( esp Sky ) when its name,Sky UK means it is for UK use. I see that advice is given quite readily on how to get/use Sky here when in fact it is illegal. So before you all get tapping on your replies, i have sky too, just a posting to let mazan see that i too can post drivel about a subject that involves me, but really wont alter my life one way or another. blah blah blah

Re; Shooting again ha ha ha

Personally I have a great problem with the legalities of Sky and this copyright thing, which is said to be the reason why everyone cannot have it.

IF there are copyright issues, then why do Sky boast about letting the England football team have Sky when they are in France. As far as I was aware, copyright cannot be 'played with' and if they can have it, everyone else should be able to....... if I am wrong in this, then it is all codswallop.

Is this forum also the place to discuss Satellite tv ( esp Sky ) when its name,Sky UK means it is for UK use. I see that advice is given quite readily on how to get/use Sky here when in fact it is illegal.

You have no comprehension of the subject at all. There is absolutely nothing illegal about receiving UK TV outside the UK, as long as you have the official equipment and are not attempting to pirate the channels with, for example, a homemade viewing card.

If you are so sure that receiving UK TV outside the UK is illegal then please state the law that this contravenes: I know you cannot for there is no such law. In fact the EU "TV sans frontieres" directive specifically allows for the cross-border reception of TV.
However there are clear French, UK, EU and US laws that severely prohibit the downloading of copyright media.

And by the way the word "UK" does not figure anywhere in BSkyB's name and they do sell their product most officially in the Republic of Ireland (which is an independent state and not part of the UK, in case you didn't know).

Personally I have a great problem with the legalities of Sky and this copyright thing, which is said to be the reason why everyone cannot have it.

You misunderstand the copyright issue. Sky and the other UK broadcasters on Astra2 hold the satellite broadcasting rights for the UK and the ROI. This prohibits them from knowingly selling their product outside the UK and the ROI, as they do not hold the rights to do so.

As a viewer you are subject to no such restriction, nor is there anything anywhere in copyright law that prevents you from viewing.

Compare it with a book. You can buy a book at New York airport and read it anywhere in the world. Inside the front cover it will state in which territories the book may be sold and this will probably only include North America. But no one is breaking any law when you export the book personally, least of all you.

[quote]Both derogatory comments to others and inciting illegal activity aren't allowed on this forum.[/quote]

Both derogatory comments to others and inciting illegal activity aren't allowed on this forum.

Perhaps you should read mazan's reply to my request for info regarding my taking up shooting in france,and for HELP in doing so. He said that i should take my gun out and shoot a few hunters and that would give others less to worry about. This is not an exact quote but a good picture of what he meant. To view his posting go to, sports and pastimes, sub heading; Shooting again.

Perhaps then you should enforce your forum regulations.

People reading this may think that this is a personal crusade,it isn't,its my personal disgust at a man who attacked me when all i asked for was information to continue my personal WAY OF LIFE. Not his. MINE.

[quote]Is this forum also the place to discuss Satellite tv ( esp Sky ) when its name,Sky UK means it is for UK use. I see that advice is given quite readily on how to get/use Sky here when in fact it is ill...[/quote]

OOH touchy touchy. Yes you are right, i know nothing about Sky or its complexities or legal rights to use anywhere. Just as you know nothing about hunting other than anti propaganda. Sorry, but if you want to hijack my thread for info about shooting,then i am 'entitled to have a go back'even though i know nothing about the subject matter. Get used to the constant interfering from others who apparently know nothing, or very little. blah blah blah blah blah