acuse de reception on email

I want to know when someone has received an email from me, I have had a play about on wanadoo and ticked the box at the bottom of the page for acuse de reception.........I sent Mr O  one on his email(he is not the one I am tracking , by the way[Www])

He has opened the email I sent, but I have not had notification on wanadoo..........what have I done wrong?

Hi Opas,

What programme are you using to send the mail? If it is outlook then open the programme, click on tools on the top of the screen and select options and then receipts. But as you you will see the recipient can opt not to send receipt if they wish, a feature available on most e-mail programmes I believe.

Dean.

Dean is right Opas.  I get these often and I decide whether to click "Yes" to let the sender know I have received the mail.  If you are dealing with a business, I am willing to bet they would not click the Yes option, so you would have no way of knowing.

Did Mr. O click yes?

Hi - I get an e-mail from msgtag to say that the message has been opened - there is also a pop-up at the bottom RH corner of the screen that notifies you if you are on line at the time. I think you can configure the program in quite a few ways. I use the full paid-for version, because it gives more information if I need to prove receipt of an e-mail, but there is a free version - and a cut-down version - as well.

For the first time I have found my Orange/Wanadoo inbox full up, and messages rejected, it is now necessary to delete all messages physically in Orange Messagerie and in OE.

I use Outlook Express for E-mails  and to date it has not been necessary to go into let alone delete any messages in Orange, I assumed that they either deleted when deleted in OE or deleted themselves after a while, thus never reaching the limit.  Two questions, has Orange changed the system or has a control or preference altered to change the status quo?.

Thanks in advance

Ron

Have you checked to see that the setting in your Outlook Express haven't changed?

IE There is no tick in the  box that says leave a copy of the message on the Server?

Tools

Accounts

Click on Orange Account

Advanced

Last Box on Page

If you install "msgtag" and decide to delete it later, you will need to reset your email account settings - "msgtag" seems to alter the port used for sending messages and you won't be able to send any if you install and later uninstall without resetting the ports.  Just reset the ports to default in the advanced account settings.

At least, that's what happened to my settings in Outlook (not Outlook Express) yesterday and it took me a while to figure out what was wrong.

[quote user="BJSLIV"]

Ron

Have you checked to see that the setting in your Outlook Express haven't changed?

IE There is no tick in the  box that says leave a copy of the message on the Server?

Tools

Accounts

Click on Orange Account

Advanced

Last Box on Page

[/quote]

Thanks BJ and Cassis that setting had changed, I don't remember touching it.  Strange that it coincided with Orange offering more mailbox space for a price!!