Is this a scam attempt?

Just got this, this must be the most amateurish attempt at a scam ever, it is so bad that its actually quite funny[:)]

DEAREST ONE[:D],

I KNOW THIS MAIL MAY COME TO YOU AS A SURPRISE, ( Sure has !!!!) SINCE WE HAVE NOT KNOWN OR WRITTEN BEFORE[:-))].

INTRODUCING MYSELF, I AM LOVELINE JOANN , [:-))]THE ONLY DOUGHTER [8-)]) OF THE LATE MR AND MRS JOSEPH JOANN, MY FATHER WAS A GOLD AND COCOA MERCHANT BASED IN ACCRA, GHANA AND ABIDJAN (IVORY COAST), HE WAS POISONED TO DEATH [+o(]BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES ON ONE OF THEIR BUSINESS TRIPS. BEFORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER ON 29TH JUNE 2005 IN A PRIVATE HOSPITAL HERE IN ABIDJAN. HE SECRETLY CALLED ME ON HIS BEDSIDE[;-)] ( despite already being dead?) AND TOLD ME THAT HE HAS A SUM OF USD $12.5(  TWELVE MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS ), DEPOSITED IN A SUSPENCE ACCOUNT IN ONE OF THE PRIME BANK HERE IN ABIDJAN IVORY COAST , ( which was a buggar as I had had to walk 15 mles to the hopspital in my bare feet, if I had known I was so rich I'd have got the bus) THAT HE USED MY NAME AS HIS ONLY DOUGHTER FOR THE NEXT OF KIN IN
 DEPOSITING OF THE FUND. HE ALSO EXPLAINED TO ME THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THIS WEALTH THAT HE WAS POISONED BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, (but hanging on in there for the sake of the scam)[:D]) THAT I SHOULD SEEK FOR A FOREIGN PARTNER IN A COUNTRY OF MY CHOICE WHERE I WILL TRANSFER THIS MONEY AND USE IT FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSE SUCH AS EXPANSION OF HIS EXISTING COCOA BUSINESS AND REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT OVERSEAS.

DEAR, I AM HUMBLY SEEKING YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS.

1) TO ASSIST ME IN RETRIVING THIS MONEY FROM THE BANK

2) TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN OF THIS FUND.

3) TO MAKE ARRANGEMENT FOR ME TO COME OVER TO YOUR
COUNTRY TO FURTHER MY EDUCATION AND TO SECURE A RESIDENTIAL PERMIT IN YOUR COUNTRY MOREOVER, I AM WILLING TO OFFER YOU 10% OF THE TOTAL SUM AS COMPENSATION FOR YOUR EFFORT/INPUT AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER OF THIS FUND TO YOUR NOMINATED ACCOUNT OVERSEAS, WHILE 5% WILL BE SET ASIDE TO OFFESET ANY EXPENSES WE MAY INCUR.  (What ONLY !5%  after all that work![blink])

FURTHERMORE, YOU CAN INDICATE YOUR OPTION TOWARDS ASSISTING ME AS I BELIEVE THAT THIS TRANSACTION WOULD BE CONCLUDED WITHIN SEVEN (7) WORKING DAYS YOU SIGNIFY INTEREST TO ASSIST ME.

LOVELINE JOANN

Needless to say I have E-mailed  loveline striaght back[Www]

I think that you are both terrible. This poor young man is in dire trouble and you are taking the mikkie something rotten. How do you know that it isn't a genuine case here. At least you could offer him your bank details, card pin, etc.? Well it might be a bloke [blink]. Shame on you for your lack of charity [Www].

Now where'z me gin...

If anybody out there is short of cash I have just received this in my French email account. Compared to many it at least has brevity in its favour.

Surely someone out there must be able to speak english language above average

It sounds a whole lot easier than doing B&B.

Please read this letter attentively!
Hello, our company opens a new vacancy.  Any interested person can become our manager. Our vacancy is opened for you if

you are:

- Have a skill to communicate and access to the Internet.
- You can speak english language above average
- You need to know how to use excel and word.

You will earn from 1000 up to 3000 USD per week, working only some hours per day. You can work part time or full time.

If you are interested in our offer send the following data to our e-mail
[email protected]

- Your full name 
- Your contact e-mail
- Your phone number

If you have any questions. Feel free to ask them.

I have endless fun with 419ers, check out techniques on the following website - be careful some of it is incredibly funny.

I have various trophies - badly forged cheques and money orders and custom cartoons I have solicited.

http://www.419eater.com

Have you also looked at http://www.scamorama.com/

Similar, and just as amusing.

I just used to use a hotmail account to send insulting messages about their mothers, close relationships with goats etc., and also forward all scams received to other scammers, as often as possible. But in recent months the number seems to have dropped significantly - apparently the Nigerian and other governments are starting to take the whole thing seriously.  About time, too.

Hi, My wife has had dozens of these and most of them come from Nigeria. By now my wife shoud have inherited about £500 million pounds so we can now afford a good holiday. We have a good laugh at them especially for the spelling mistake, once these people have got your e-mail you will now get load. Enjoy your reading. Bob.