BBC radio player asking for password .....

Bonjour

I have tried to listen to Radio 2 via the internet this morning, but got this message:  "Le site http://nmswww0.mh.bbc.co.uk demande un nom d'utilisateur et un mot de passe. Le site indique : « Staging Servers »".  I have used both Internet Explorer and Firefox, but with the same result each time.

Does anyone know what this is about? 

Thanks.

CBC

Having been successful in the past myself in getting access via the BBC website to their radio stations, I now also find that I can't do this (wanted to listen to the Folk Awards programme) without using BBC i-player which would only work with a UK ISP.  Maybe somebody else has found a way round this without needing a poxy server etc.

Mmm, I'm not sure it's connected to the 'being outside UK' issue because if I try to view a TV programme, the screen message reads "Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK

only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you."  However, click through to the radio page and the request for user ID and password pops up. 

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

Yeah it started this morning.  Some Muppet at the BBC has enabled a password on the server.

Honestly, this iPlayer is the biggest heap of ****  that has ever seen the light of day and they seem to throw out new releases without testing.

Doesn't work on Linux neither [:@]

[/quote]

If you think its bad try the ITV player - you have to play the ad breaks and it keeps hanging for some reason [:@]

itv.com/catchup

I don't suppose there has been some "rule" applied - today I tried to listen to Classic FM, and it suddenly says as I am outside the UK and therefore cannot do so.  I've been listening for the last few months via the internet.  Strange that it happens at he same times as the BBC radio starts being awkward too.

[quote user="Judith"]I don't suppose there has been some "rule" applied - today I tried to listen to Classic FM, and it suddenly says as I am outside the UK and therefore cannot do so.  I've been listening for the last few months via the internet.  Strange that it happens at he same times as the BBC radio starts being awkward too.

[/quote]

That happened to me last evening, they requested a UK postcode, so I put one in and bingo, classic gold again. It didn't need one this morning though.