Teleconnect changes.....

Like most others my Teleconnect service is, to say the least, fragile at present. I'm putting up with at the moment BUT I've now got the added inconvenience of my numbers being permanently engaged (FT and UK2U) plus I'm unable to dial out on my FT line - can I blame all this on Teleconnect or have I now got a France Telecom issue? Has anyone else got similar probs?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAREFUL !

The VOIP dial tone has not changed that I'm aware of and the only other tone you will get is the FT one so your calls may be going via that route and of course you will be paying for those :(]

You can hear the difference for yourself. On your phone press the off hook button to get the dial tone then press ## twice. This will redirect the call to FT and change the dial tone accordingly.

Yes I have, I swapped to my upgraded router on Saturday and all seems OK with it, thought I'd posted that, I have definitely not got a different VOIP dial tone though.

OK yours may be stronger and louder (whats the difference between stronger and louder [8-)]) but is it actually a different tone. The FT one is noticeably higher.

Yes Nell I too have a louder dial tone, a single tone as opposed to the double tone I used to get when phoning the UK. However it is a different tone to that of FT which I was using while the system was "down". But I have used the phone as normal now over the weekend without any problems. It will be interesting to see my FT bill next week as I have made a note of the date when TC went "off VOIP".

tuppence

This is strange - could not get the cam to work in the flat using DynDNS, but once in our London home (and with no further configuration) it worked. I can only assume that when using either DDNS or using the static/current IP address on the home/host TC network, the router takes precedence. Thanks for all your advice.

Tomorrow (15th is D day). I need to get my speed sorted out now, but not heard anything from TC yet.

Just received my online invoice for April and included was the following note:

At

the beginning of April 2009, we carried out a technical upgrade of the

servers on our ADSL broadband network. This upgrade was necessary to

extend the range of services that we can provide to you in the future.

During this upgrade, our original broadband & AngloPack broadband

customers

no doubt experienced periods of downtime and a significant

deterioration in the sound quality for outgoing VoIP calls. Please

accept our apologies for this inconvenience and also for the difficulty

in contacting our technical support team, who were overloaded with

calls despite us having recruited extra technicians during this period.

To

apologize for this inconvenience, we have reduced the invoice of our

original broadband & AngloPack broadband customers by €10 as a

goodwill gesture.

As

well as this, ALL your calls (regardless of whether they were made from

your analogue or VoIP line) made in April 2009 will be eligible for

your VoIP calling options. This gesture will be visible on your NEXT

invoice, dated 1st May.

Once

again, please accept our apologies for the problems you have

encountered during this migration. Thank-you for your patience and rest

assured, we are working very hard to ensure that these problems don’t

happen again.

Just had the same e-mail ErnieY. But as mine was also telling me that my invoice was now online , I decided to have a look. Guess what? There site was experiencing difficulties and I can't access it. 

As another by the by, I have recently downloaded IE8 and LF Forum is one of the sites that changes its text and styles so I now have to use the new compatibility icon on the top of the page. Why don't these people leave well alone! If it ain't broke, don't mend it!

tuppence

Read the Teleconnect email that also includes my invoice... Thought, How nice, 10euro refund on my bill..... Went to have a look at the said bill, and can't access it !!! Sorry but all I could do was burst out laughing

Tuppence - I have also loaded IE8 and I notice while posting this thread I don't have any "Smilies" to choose from. Apart from that and the fact that everything on my laptop is smaller (or my eyesight went really bad overnight) haven't come across much else that's changed YET !!!

I wrote to TC to complain about the ADSL speed that I was now getting.  They told me that they could not get on my router, even though I could.  They refused to do anything unless I was sitting in front of the router.  As TC supply my second home and I am only there once a month, I find their reposnse annoying, especially as it is likely to be a line fault that they will diagnoise the next time I am there.

Anyone who wants access to their router, but cannot gain access via the html interface can connect via telnet.

I would also recommend that everyone changes their passwords.  I accidently connected to the wrong TC router, i.e. someone else's box and was able to logon.  This means I could change anything on the router!

[quote user="tuppence"]Why don't these people leave well alone! If it ain't broke, don't mend it![/quote]Do you not appreciate the irony in your comment tuppence, nobody forced you to install IE8, if it ain't broken indeed don't mend it [Www]

I haven't even installed IE7 let alone 8. For several years I used Maxthon but latterly have moved over to Firefox.

Nell, I have just managed to access my Teleconnect bill. As you mentioned they have refunded €10 to each of us. However my calls via a fixed line were €18.53. As they said that ALL calls would reimbursed without question, guess whos' making a profit here??  I have e-mailed them to complain as IMHO they are renaging on their original offer.

tuppence

I was also embroiled in this upgrade and after installing the CD, I was cut off from the Internet and the 'free' telephone calls to the uk, for ten days. After spending many hours of trying to get to the technical assistance, I was told when I got through on Thursday that I would be connected on Tuesday. (They had the weekend off of course!) But happily, it connected automatically on the Friday. Hooray! I do hope now that all has been sorted out! As a rule they give very good service!

[quote user="tuppence"]

Nell, I have just managed to access my Teleconnect bill. As you mentioned they have refunded €10 to each of us. However my calls via a fixed line were €18.53. As they said that ALL calls would reimbursed without question, guess whos' making a profit here??  I have e-mailed them to complain as IMHO they are renaging on their original offer.

tuppence

[/quote]But tuppence, how do they know what your FT bill was, have you told them. A bit surprised that you can be so precise so quickly.

I've mentioned earlier that It would not surprise me if the refund came by way of a reduced sub for a month or two.

[quote user="tuppence"]

tuppence

[/quote]

Checked my bill - normally it is about 42 - 44 euro per month. This month 74 euro [:-))]. The cheeky so and so's have charged me for all calls via voip and all calls via fixed line and then also charged the normal 5 euro for "unlimited free calls" [8-)]. Tried to phone them, but obviously I didn't get through.... I'm a bit confused to be honest, I thought any calls I made were via FT and I would get a bill from them for calls that I would then send to TC and they would refund me the cost of the calls. That was what I understood from TC, when I spoke to them about being unable to make calls via the TC system. So I have no idea what the calls on my TC bill are all about.... I think I need to go and lie down in a darkened room [blink][blink]

ErnieY if I could upload a copy of my teleconnect bill it would show that it is them who are telling me what calls were made via a fixedline ergo €18.53. I don't get my FT bill till the 28th April. Also this bill only goes up to the 31st March when in actual fact the down time of my VOIP line went into April so I shall be expecting more fixed line calls on my April bill. TC shouldn't say that they would refund without question if they have no intention of doing so.

tuppence

No one seems to have mentoned the subject; all we hear are 'upgrades for better range of services'

A friend of mine who was talking to someone at TC, who said that the firm were in trouble with FT as they owed them so much money! So Budget have taken them over to keep the server alive. Has anyone else heard this?

Philouis,

Teleconnect have been owned/run by Budget Telecom since I first signed up with them (Sept 07).

Nell,

Had FT bill today with no calls on there at all. So all the time I thought I was phoning out via FT, they wwere all going through Teleconnect fixed line, therefore getting billed by TC. Weird or what?

tuppence

I imagine that there is still some tweaking going on and I have lost the VOIP light on a couple of occasions but a router reboot always brings it back. Frankly this has always gone on to one extent or another and we've got into the habit of checking it before making calls, the phone is nearby anyway so it's no real hardship.

Interesting reading this thread. I have installed or helped install about four Orange box's over the last six weeks for Brits around Quillan that have dumped Teleconnect. I am sure there are others but they were OK installing an alternative box themselves. I have to say that I have had my Orange setup since just before Christmas and apart from our house power tripping out (my fault) is been as good as gold.

The only thing I now use Teleconnect for is my mobile but my mate gets his mobile via SFR and its cheaper than Teleconnect by about 3 Euros a month so I might change to them. I should explain I go for a low standing charge and expensive call charge as I hardly ever (like 5 or 6 times a year) use it for making calls I just have my house phone redirected to it when out.

The people I have swapped the box's for have all had the same or similar problems as described in this thread. I think Teleconnect may have lost a few customers because of these problems.