We've switched from Orange to Sosh (which is still Orange, but cheaper!)

The contract is for the internet, phone and 2 hours of calls from the mobile for €29,99 a month.

Could anyone tell me (I've looked and looked, but can't find it) whether the 2 hours of calls from the mobile are only to fixed or mobiles in France, or whether calls to fixed phones in the UK would also be included.

Also, some paperwork arrived today from Sosh which says;' Telephone par internet...........en illimite - les appels vers les numeros mobiles tous operators en France metropolitaine et vers les DOMS' which I translate that I can call all French mobiles from my fixed phone for free - is that right?

Many thanks for any assistance.

[quote user="Pommier"]Could anyone tell me (I've looked and looked, but can't find it) whether the 2 hours of calls from the mobile are only to fixed or mobiles in France, or whether calls to fixed phones in the UK would also be included. [/quote]

It says here : https://boutique.orange.fr/sosh-mobile-livebox that the mobile calls are within France and the Doms only.

Edit : Scroll down and click on ' comparez les offres'.

Edit 2 : Kizpip beat me to it !

Sue

(I've looked and looked, but can't find it)

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one - I too have given up trying to find out what my mobile package from orange includes - though every other operator I've looked at tells me perfectly what their offer includes.  I've decided to give up trying to find out, as they sold me a package at a price which they then did not honour, so when the contract has run its course, I'll be moving on .. as the mobile is not tied to the rest of the package we have from them (it was supposed to be, but they didn't, as I said above, honour their original offer, so now isn't, and I shall feel no compunction in leaving them).

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Try the English help line. If anyone can give the info then they can[8-|]

[/quote]

Indeed, if I could only get through to them.

I used to say they were good, but after 2 months of trying and being told all lines taken (always???), I have given up.  Besides which it was they who supposedly offered me a good package, and then reneged.

Decision to live with it and move on next year already taken.

Many thanks for the help.

So that means that from the fixed phone I can call fixed or mobiles in France and fixed phones in most of the world, and from the mobile I get 2 hours a month of calls to mobiles only in France (strange that calls from our mobile to fixed phones isn't included)

Judith, we were with Orange, but there was no minimum term to the contract - maybe yours is the same?

[quote user="Pommier"]... from the mobile I get 2 hours a month of calls to mobiles only in France (strange that calls from our mobile to fixed phones isn't included) [/quote]

Yes they are; it's just you cannot call a UK fixed phone for free from your mobile.

The free international calls are from your fixed home phone.

You also have :

Connexion wi-fi illimitée aux hotspots wifi d'Orange depuis votre mobile ou PC

The Sosh offer at less than 30€ pm is very good.

Sue

[quote user="Pommier"]Many thanks for the help.

So that means that from the fixed phone I can call fixed or mobiles in France and fixed phones in most of the world, and from the mobile I get 2 hours a month of calls to mobiles only in France (strange that calls from our mobile to fixed phones isn't included) [/quote]

Correct.

[quote user="Pommier"]Judith, we were with Orange, but there was no minimum term to the contract - maybe yours is the same?[/quote]

Pommier, that IS something I can find out, it says "expiry" is one year after I took it out, with a specific date, which ties in to when I first did the deed..

Everytime I look at orange now, I cringe, they have now changed the introductory web site, which is impossible, all I can find is espace client, which is just as well, as that is all I use.  Rubbish site (always had been, especially reading emails in orange print!!) but there is so little real choice in France.  Still, I quite like the look of SFR and free, who both had mobile options I liked, and if I can get what I want, I am prepared to pay for it.

Just need to wait until a little nearer the time to ensure the packages are still there!

I am with Orange and SFR, the latter for mobile phone only and I have to say I have not experienced any of the problems you seem to have encountered with Orange. There technical and customer support I have found is excellent, perhaps I have just been lucky for the 12 years I have been with them.

I have never had to talk to SFR on any issue so I cannot pass comment on them.

I had looked briefly at Sosh and it is a lot cheaper than Orange. Usually I have found in life that when something is offered by the same company for a lot less then there is some form of catch somewhere along the line.

Probably not much interest to some but people like me who can't get TNT Sosh does not offer TV by satellite unlike Orange. I also notice that whilst there is 'no contract' there is a 50 Euros fee to 'disconnect' from them and that is in the smallest of print at the bottom of the page.

Seems to me that Sosh offers one permutation whilst Orange offers another and if you modify either to match the other you end up paying the same.

I have to say having spent 15 minutes or so looking at both Orange and Sosh websites I agree they are terrible and actually contain little information that is easy to find. I can't, for example, find the list of countries you get free calls to. I am sure it exists but it is not easy to find. Same goes for the Mobile phone offer, like you said difficult to find exact information.

One thing you mentioned is the naff web browser interface for the emails. I personally never use that nor do I use any Orange software products except for the Android one that tells me where the Orange hot spots are near me when out and about. I use MS Outlook on my PC and the inbuilt Mail App that comes with Android. I suspect that Ipads/IPhones etc have a mail app you can use as there is little or no difference now between Apple and Android.

Q

Good to hear you have similar navigational problems around the orange page!  No, I only go to it to try and find my contract details (and that only in the last few months) before that, I looked hardly ever.  Like you I use email clients when at all possible, and my main email account is not with orange (though I do give that email to french people as they struggle with my uk address, but all emails are forwarded to my main account so no need to to check the orange web page on a regular basis. 

Like you, I suspect you get what you pay for, and so I'll be looking to another provide for my mobile when the time comes.

Less easy to change anything else, as OH refuses to change ... even when things are not working right ... but I still might investigate alternatives though!