Hot weather affect reception?

The last few days here in the Herault we have experienced temperatures up to nearly 40C and coincidently we have suffered break up in reception of signal on Sky and also FreeSat. It is now 7.00pm Saturday and the temperature is still 34C and it is impossible to watch the Canadian Grand Prix qualifying due to massive pixalisation so should I accept that the hot weather is causing the problem or should I look at the LNB.

[quote user="crabtree"]Another new bird has gone up, and many channels will be on the move soon.
Maybe they are doing tests in preparation.
[/quote]

Seeing as Astra 2G (launched in Dec 2014) was at 43E for testing and started it's move to 28.2E on the 31st May and that it takes several weeks after which it will be tested again I don't think so.

[quote user="AnOther"][quote user="Quillan"]It can'r, as a general thing, be weather because it would affect the whole of the UK[/quote]I'd be more inclined to agree if UK experienced the sort of temperature extremes we do here in France !
[/quote]

Only if you have a cheap dish and LNB (in France).

In anticipation of the upcoming withdrawal of Eutelsat at 28.2E, a number of 'minor' channels have already migrated to 2F, some onto the UK spot beam. Some of these are CBS Drama, True Entertainment, True Movies and more (including some $ky encrypted channels).

We had the same sort of problem yesterday late afternoon and I thought that I was going to have to watch the GP on Sky because the Beeb was breaking up so much! But weh-hey, it cleared just after the start of the Beeb programme and was perfek for the race.

We had a storm when we had the break up and our Davis Vantage-Vue had the indication that it was "Raining cats and dogs". It rained for about 10 mins and chucked down 8.2mm of the wet stuff!

I had just taken the cover off our pool and was going to have a dip before the race, but as soon as I had got the cover off it chucked it down. So I didn't get my dip, it wasn't worth getting soaked after all init? The cover stayed off and because of that the pool got wet [:-))]

I never did get me dip[:'(]

The 'old' birds appear to have moved a bit, probably to create space for the new bird. The result is that footprints from Astra2E/F have also changed a bit and that is also impacting southern France.

and it is impossible to watch the Canadian Grand Prix qualifying due to massive pixalisation

The same happened here.  Our Sky box defaults to London so I scrolled through the BBC 1 regional options on the EPG and received perfect reception via BBC 1 East. Don't ask me why.

cajal