Humax Freesat Model HDR 10005

We have the above Humax which typically just gone over it's 2 year warranty and is playing up.

Any suggestions of what I can try to see if it solves the problem please?

Initially turning on the TV and Humax (from standby) it all starts up, works on the selected channel for a couple of minutes then stops. The TV says "no satellite signal" but the Humax is still showing the channel and from the box itself and the remote it will change channels, volume etc but won't start up again. The other TV's work fine through the same LNB with a) an old sky box and b) a manhatten box. So it is not the signal.

I've tried unplugging and leaving for a couple of hours but it still doesn't work.

It has been doing this for a few months now, off and on, I can't get into recordings or settings either when it does this.

Help please

[quote user="mogs"] The other TV's work fine through the same LNB with a) an old sky box and b) a manhatten box. So it is not the signal.[/quote]

How many other sets on this LNB (at the same time) is it a multi output LNB?

Whilst NickP's suggestion of the forum is probably best route to look at, I am just generally interested as I have replaced a number of LNB's for the family and apart from lighting storms taking out the receivers they seem pretty robust.  Also have you updated the firmware on the Humax recently?

I contacted Humax who suggested I unplug, check cables, leave unplugged for 5 mins. The plug, turn on and go into settings to try to reset the settings.

I've tried this a couple of times but the problem is if it does come back into settings it doesn't stay on the screen long enough for me to try to reset.

The screen goes blank with the message saying no signal but yet the humax box is showing either the channel I was on it will allow me to change channel, change volume from the box itself but nothing comes up on the tv.

We have a quad LNB and have 3 sets running off it, as I say the others are fine it's just the main one in our lounge.

Typical, wanted to watch the final of Strictly with the fire going and a glass of wine! Will have to sit on the bed instead

the other boxes (old satellite box and a slightly younger Manhatten box) are only for one connection. By that I mean you can't record with them.

This Humax has 2 sockets.

If I swop one of the other boxes to this tv do I just use to 1 socket does it matter which line I use?

the old satellite box doesn't work because it works with a scart lead and our smart tv (yeah really smart at the moment) only has HDMI sockets.

I tried a couple of HDMI cables but that didn't work, tried changing HDMI sockets on the TV, that didn't work and to make matters worse now, my bedroom TV is now saying No Signal, but it was working fine earlier when I tested it.

Getting really fed up with technology now!

[quote user="mogs"]the old satellite box doesn't work because it works with a scart lead and our smart tv (yeah really smart at the moment) only has HDMI sockets.

I tried a couple of HDMI cables but that didn't work, tried changing HDMI sockets on the TV, that didn't work and to make matters worse now, my bedroom TV is now saying No Signal, but it was working fine earlier when I tested it.

Getting really fed up with technology now![/quote]

That'll teach to to listen to ALBF.

It sounds like the LNB is failing.

Enough from me, there are some tremendous people on this forum so I can't compete. I am off for a while.

Thanks.

It can't be the LNB because the bedroom TV will have one LNB and the TV in contention with the Humax box will have another. Two LNB's, two separate issues unless the dish has become out of aligned.

Even if it is an LNB issue, you should be able to read the setup menus of the Humax box on your telly. As I understand it, you can't. If you can, retune the box.

If you can't see the menus, then there is an issue between the box and the telly.

I did manage very quickly in a moment when it appeared on the tv screen to restore to factory settings as advised by humax. Then I managed to get bbc1 briefly before it went down again.

All is not lost as the bedroom tv just needed rebooting and so it works now. Thanks to everyone for suggestions I will have to leave it for Mr mogs to sort out when he returns next week.

It may be that the recent coldness has loosened the dish and it is dropping slightly. Ours does it occasionally. Being easy to get at we tilt it up a degree or two and that solves the problem.

If your dish is on the chimney, best get Santa to have a look at it.