URGENT URGENT SOS SPA CARCASSONNE DOG

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just catching up on what has happened. Rowan, the poor dogs at the Carcassonne SPA are so lucky to have you, to put it mildly. After visiting the SPA in Bergerac just a few times I can only imagine what you are feeling. Just wish all the dogs at all the SPA's had people like you, Christine and Merlin.

I would imagine you are not only helping the dogs at your local SPA but those in other locations. I know after reading these threads about these wonderful poor dogs that the first place I would go for a pet would be my local SPA.[:(]

I have just returned home from a visit to the SPA at Carcassonne.

Whilst walking round I found it very distressing seeing all the dogs obviously stressed out! I spent most of the time crying.

As I was stood trying to compose myself a lady passed me also crying - I later found the lady to be Rowan! She had just found a home for a dog who had been there a long time and was crying with happiness.

I was looking for a small dog as I already have three large dogs and two small ones.

I found a lovely little poodle x in an enclosure on his own and I will be bringing him home on Tuesday - his new name will be Eduard.

Thank you Rowan, see you Tuesday, you are doing a fantastic job there, I know I couldn't do it - you are one dedicated girl!

Deborah

Well done louis ...so the open day seems to of turned out to of been a good thing ...

How wonderful that some of the dogs have found homes ....

Louis hope you will post some of your photos o here too for us all to meet your new dog...

Well done everyone again.... blimey we will be looking for dogs to fill the cages next !! (only joking !! not funny at all!!) but the place must be nearly empty by now ...

Im so happy for all the dogs and new owners

I know christine ...it was a stupid thing to say...!!It was more like wishful thinking !! I use to work at the RSPCA in lancashire ...and it use to break my heart too... It must be so much worse at the moment with the cost of living the way it is and people finding it so hard to make there way ...and so many brits returning to the UK ...But with people like you and Rowan keeping us all on our toes ... a small difference will be made ..

We've recently lost two of ours.  [:(]  Seeing all these little souls being rescued keeps me from going down in the dumps.  We always have to carry on for the others.  Just look at the result in, what, about two or three weeks.  The response has been spectacular.  [:)]

You see Rowan, we are all behind you.

Just back myself. Lovely to meet you, Louis, and glad we had a dog that suits you. Look forward to seeing you and Eduard again on Tuesday, when you pick him up.

Yes, I was very emotional, saying goodbye to my favourite, Tchina. I decided to market her blatantly today, took her out of her box and let her meet people. I approached one young man and just told him how wonderful Tchina is. He took his time, went round the whole SPA and came back to me to ask to see her again, so I put her in a park with him, and left them alone and he was smitten! She was already chipped, so time to say goodbye. He is going to send updates.

Today we had 8 adoptions, which is GREAT! Plus I know at least 3 are leaving on Tuesday (plus Eduard, but including Molly). So a wonderful day.

We are still over full, but all the same, I feel quite invigorated (tho knackered!).

Thanks for your support everybody!

Rxxx

[quote user="Rowan"]Just back myself.

Today we had 8 adoptions, which is GREAT! Plus I know at least 3 are leaving on Tuesday ...

So a wonderful day.

We are still over full, but all the same, I feel quite invigorated (tho knackered!).

Thanks for your support everybody! [/quote]

What a wonderful day you have had; well done Rowan.

What a relief that so many dogs (will) have found a happy home.

Sue [:)][:D]

glad the day went well, I didn't come to the open day as I 've offered a home for micheal when the time comes ,this allowed merlin to offer a home to molly . hope you manage to save a few more, we adopted a dog at the spa 7 years ago, he had spent 4 years there , he was already considered an oldie at the grand old age of 7!! we love him to bits.

Quote Lisa...........glad the day went well, I didn't come to the open day as I 've offered a home for micheal when the time comes ,this allowed merlin to offer a home to molly . hope you manage to save a few more, we adopted a dog at the spa 7 years ago, he had spent 4 years there , he was already considered an oldie at the grand old age of 7!! we love him to bits. Unquote

Oh, Lisa, I am so happy to hear about Michael. You may remember, I have his "home sister", Connie and have been worried about Michael but didn't want to ask Jo in case the news was bad, she has been having such a hard time lately and I was afraid I would upset her. I hope everything goes well and I look forward to reading that he has arrived and is settling in.

Well done Rowan and all those involved in the Open Day! Really pleased all your hard work and comittment is paying off. Will continue to promote the SPA , although I think Albi is doing a better job than me!! Everyone says he's a lovely dog.....nearly even Soda!

Well Done, glad your spirits have been lifted

This was the first post of this thread.

[quote user="Rowan"]Hi everyone Just back from the SPA. I had just walked a lovely dog, to be told that was his last walk, as he is being put down in the morning, along with about 9 others. I was too shocked to ask about the others, and I know I have no chance of saving them all in any case, with no warning at all. But we can, between us, save one. Please say we can! This chap is being put down because he is time expired, and they have no more space. He was brought in as a puppy of 7 months and is still there, nearly 4 years later. He has never known any love or had any cuddles, other than on walks with the few volunteers. Nevertheless he has a beautiful nature, is great with people, inc children, other dogs, doesn't pull on the lead, and is in the peak of health. He is small to medium in size and would be a lovely pet. His brother is there too, and I suspect he will meet his maker tomorrow, but please help me save this little one. Let him have some fun, otherwise what is it all for? Please, I am desperate. Can anyone help him?

[/quote]

Here is this dog yesterday.   [:)]

when he was taken part of the way by Flo to the association who rescued him along with his sister

and this little one

They were amongst those who were to be put down.  Now they are in foster care until their families are found.

[quote user="Christine Animal"][quote user="Christine Animal"]

This little lad is in great danger.

He is nearly six years old, has been there for three years and is very friendly and loving.  If it wasn't for all that's been going on to save them, he would probably have been put down by now.  There is still noone for him!

[/quote]

[/quote]

And guess what.   [:D]   He is also being rescued by another association and going into foster care.  It was accepted yesterday.   [:)]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]   

And guess what.  [:D]  He is also being rescued by another association and going into foster care.  It was accepted yesterday.  [:)] [/quote]

Beyond words! Brilliant news.

Sue

I think we are done, but Christine seems to be better informed than me (on this as on so many things).

If I am right, tho, then locking it would seem to make sense and we can start again with new / old dogs!

Rowan