URGENT URGENT SOS SPA CARCASSONNE DOG

Just so you all know, Merlin's contact collected the cocker today. She is delighted. So is he (now called William- It was/is a male) and I am delighted too.

Looking at the photo again, it is obviously a male! Oops!

Anyway....Hurrah!!!

Anyone want a pointer?!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read these animal threads every night, sometimes I go to bed and worry others like this time I go to bed and sleep although I never forget the dogs still needing homes, I hope when we eventually get over to live in France that I will be able to help and rescue a dog or two to go with our little Bichons. Well done to all the folk that work tirelessly to make happy endings you are truly wonderful people. x

Sorry, I got mixed up as there is the German Shepherd type on this thread who is still in danger.

Yes, there has been the little Beagle adopted by Rowan, the German Shepherd Tigue, now called Ozzie, Albi the Spaniel, Diana the Porcelaine and now the Cocker Spaniel.  Quite a few!   [:)]

Maybe you don't know about the first success, back in February, the big black griffon who was due to be put down and whom I publicised via Poor Paws. He is now happily living with a Brit couple in the Dordogne, who came all the way to get him from Carcassonne, cos he reminded them of their Irish Wolfhound. He is now called Logan and is having a wonderful time after over 2 years in the SPA.

Loads more still to do, tho!

On top of all those, Flo (the other volunteer) recently took home Vénus her favourite, before she was put down.  Then this weekend she is driving the three others (one of which is the dog at the start of this thread)  to the association who has rescued them and there are also the two who went to the Narbonne shelter.

Sue at Poor Paws has been a great help.  She also found the home for Diana the Porcelaine (first success Carcassonne thread).

I am giving the old lady beagle/bassett a lot of thought..........!!!  She will make five and I am just trying to win my husband over......OMG again!  Would love to take the little cheeky chap that has been there three years but I am thinking the little old lady is in more danger - shall we wait and see after the week-end open day?  Also he would have to be neutered before he came as we have a lady on heat here at the moment....... and he would need to be totally cat proof too.  I'm going away to mull it all over......

Merlin, in case you manage to persuade your husband...(or if anyone else will be able to help on this basis.....)

Can't remember where you are, but I can get the beagle/basset as far as Cahors next Tuesday, and leave her with Sue at Poor paws for a bit till you can get her,if that would help....

Yes, she is in the most danger right now. And she is cat proof....

And yes, Sue at PoorPaws is a complete star. I cry on her quite often and she gives me the strength to carry on. I love her.

Husband is definitely coming round.......!!  You wouldn't need to get her as far as Cahors - we are near Rodez and I would meet you half way between there and Carcassonne - Albi possibly if that is any help?  We can discuss further - already got her name sorted....... what do you think to Molly?  My husband deserves a medal sometimes but he actually knows there is no real point in trying to fight it as it's a lost cause!  He did mutter about how the blazes we are going to manage with 5 dogs in the bedroom though!!   However I think I must draw a halt after this one.......... for a good while at least unless I win the lotto!  All our dogs have a wonderful life here in the middle of nowhere, end of a little track with no roads nearby, we are completely fenced anyway and they have three acres of garden to play in, sofas to kip on in front of fires in winter and home cooked food....... anyone else like to be rescued!!  You can tell I'm excited can't you...  I'm a hopeless case.  I have just one slight dilemma in that the poor starving doggie who had the puppies was on my mind also - she's OK at the moment, had the pups (5) she's just gorgeous and will need a home once the little ones are weaned......can we save 'Molly' AND this lovely creature do you think??

Yes Rowan - Molly has a home with us!  Will give you my tel no and we can discuss logistics, paperwork and so on  before the week-end though, I can't get her till Monday at the earliest so maybe I can hook up with the lady from Cahors and meet her mid journey depending on where she passes closest to me on her way back with the two she is collecting - think that might be a good plan.  Hopefully we will talk today some time.  Will go and get her a new bed today!

Not great, despite the weather. Lots of people came to look round, some just out of interest and some to get dogs or cats, but I think there were only a couple of adoptions, and one of them was me reserving Molly for Merlin. On the other hand, lots of people gave food and blankets, which are always welcome.

Am hoping for better things today.

Will let you all know!

Rx

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

[quote user="Merlin"] maybe I can hook up with the lady from Cahors and meet her mid journey depending on where she passes closest to me on her way back with the two she is collecting
[/quote]

Does that mean two more are getting out?

[/quote]

Rowan ?

Maybe 3, even. In addition to Molly!......Will let you know on Tuesday evening. Don't want to count chickens.

Be funny if between Merlin and the Tuesday visit more dogs are adopted than during the two open days. As one of the other volunteers says, Vive les Anglais! (even tho I remind her about the Welsh and Scots and NI too!!!)