9 Month Old Crossbreed Puppy URGENTLY neeing new home

Trying to give this posting as wide circulation as possible, having just read on Anglo Info Normandie of a 9 month old crossbreed puppy urgently seeking a new home, else owner will get him put down for being TOO BOISTEROUS!

Apparently puppy has grown much bigger than parents, is too boisterous and son and his friends are now frightened of him. At the moment he is being chained up out of reach all day - poor little thing. How angry this makes me - the ignorance of people breeding crossbreeds, doing no training, and now because the puppy is proving to be boisterous - it's all too much! I have yet to hear of anyone putting down a child for being too boisterous - makes me sick!

Please, please can anyone help this poor pup. It's not one of mine I hasten to add, nor do I know the person who has posted the ad and is obviously the owner of the dog.

I am just trying to spread the word in the hope that some kind soul will take him and give him a loving home.

Jackie

Unfortunately the posting on AI Normandie does not have a link to a photograph. If the owner adds one, I will attempt to download it.

Please note that I am NOT the owner of this puppy - I read it on the anglo site and am hoping that by posting it on other forums, a home can be found. I am not associated in any way to the owner of this dog, I am only trying to help a dog in need.

Jackie

I got my very first Dane like this, more than 30 years ago and the parallels are amazing. The Afrikaans owner was looking for a "trophy dog" to up his status amongst his boeties so he got a black Dane and called him Judas. He was also 9 months old when he was advertised for sale, also too big and too boisterous for cute little wifie and kiddie so he was shut in a shed, fed twice a day and ignored. When he was let out of the shed he was paranoid, excited, frenzied, leaping everywhere. We didn't want him but couldn't leave him so we paid the man what he asked, changed his name to Rupert and took him home. We never ever regretted it. He became the most adorable and gentle pet once he was loved and given attention and allowed to be a puppy and then to grow up into a real part of the family and to know that he belonged.

There must be someone out there who can give this puppy just the few weeks he needs to settle a little. He will surely reward them the way Rupert rewarded us with love, fun and loyalty.

Theres another posting on there just come in. Bagnoles de l'Orne SPA has just had a litter of lab x terrier pups deposited on them which has thrown them into chaos as the refuge is FULL.

If anyone can help, PLEASE contact them! These little creatures were dumped onto a helper at the shelter, the 'owner' did not leave a scrap of food nor the smallest of donation towards their keep before they casually walked away.

And they were Brits - makes me feel ashamed. So much for a nation of animal lovers............

Precisely Christine. I would NEVER part with any of my animals and birds, whatever the circumstances. I suppose in the case of these pups at least they were taken to the SPA rather than abandoned in a box beside a road in the middle of nowhere as we hear about all too often.

I can only reiterate

If anybody can offer a home to these poor little wretches or any other of the dogs waiting to be loved, then PLEASE contact the SPA at Bagnoles immediately.

This gorgeous lad will be coming down to Angoulême.

His owner is in the Calvados and can bring him down as far as Château Gontier (or thereabouts) on the N 162.  That's between Laval and Angers.

Now we need the rest of the way down to Angoulême if anyone is coming down and could help out with that section, or part of it.

Many thanks.

By the way, he's just a bit boisterous (at the bad age) and needs a bit of discipline.  He has plenty of good points, well behaved and loving in the house and he is used to living with three cats.

Poor little lad. Cannot help but think being tied up away from everyone has not helped him one single bit - he must be so lonely. Is there nobody in Laval / Angers looking for a friendly young man who just needs to be shown some love and guided by gentle discipline.

At least in the shelter he stands half a chance now Christine - thankyou!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really good news on this one!

I finally got the covoiturage sorted and then Oggy's owners said that as time had gone by they had cancelled their holiday abroad and changed it to La Rochelle to be able to bring him down themselves.  They had been working on his training and he was already much better.

Training, patience, determination and a little more fencing to separate him from the chickens has paid off.  They are keeping Oggy!   [:)]

Just received this:

"I am really happy, I was crying at having to lose him, but he is being good, still does the puppy things chewing shoes and bits, but my son can play with him in the garden without being pushed to the floor and it is his dog to play with.
Thank you."

[8-|]