Where to advertise a car for sale ?

Me0wp00

Hi

I've got a clio to sell and apart from ebay have no idea where I can advertise it for sale in France. As LHD's are getting more popular in uk had thought about taking it there and selling it but it doesn't seem worth the effort. Anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks

Pippa

Its very popular here to take your car to a spot on a main road(making sure you are parked well off it) and leave it there with an AV sign and tel no all over it. Another thing is to get the local garage to put it on their forecourt to sell for you and given them some commission if they sell it.

Dave

I've just bought a bigger LHD from ebay UK to replace the clio and luckily it was a very good price especially with GPL kit but yes I agree alot are going for silly prices, hubby says to put it on ebay its just the hassle of taking it over to england though.

The reason LHD cars are making fair money (not really, "silly" money in comparison) on ebay is simply because of the price one has to pay for second hand cars in some countries in Europe, especially France.

Like for like, it is often still cheaper but it will depend on how much it costs you to cross the channel and travelling to the cars whereabouts, put those in the equation plus the cost of immatriculation etc and the picture can change.

I have been getting my eye back in at Auctions lately and although one has allow just over 10% on top of the hammer price, the price can be a lot cheaper than the car fronts and private sales. Patience is still the name of the game awaiting the car you actually are after at the right price.

What about French ebay for the Clio, or the free newspapers , they are not too expensive at all. Our regional paper on a Saturday is probably the best for cars.

[quote]DaveI've just bought a bigger LHD from ebay UK to replace the clio and luckily it was a very good price especially with GPL kit but yes I agree alot are going for silly prices, hubby says to put it on...[/quote]

Why do you think you will have to take it back to "blighty" . There must be quite a few people like myself who are moving to france.......anyone got a cheap tranny van or 4x4 for sale in 79

Dave&Olive