Emergency Warning

Will the idiot in a silver grey BMW estate with Brit number plates who drove through my Vendéen village at 60 plus mph this morning at roughly1140hrs please note that there are speed limits in France and that there were children and old people on the pavements and attempting to cross the road at the time. If s/he is seen again and the car number taken I personally will testify as to this crass lack of respect for human life and do my best to ensure their licence is taken away plus a fine that will keep them living in a barrel for a long time to come. And that they are fed to the pigs.

Crikey! Understandable sentiments, WB. I almost hope YOU catch them before the gendarmes!

If I was a born-and-bred local, and saw this behaviour,  it might drive me to a nagging desire to go and torch the houses of foreigners in my village, even though it is so irrational!

Also terribly unfortunate for all the considerate British drivers who respect speed limits and understand that a car can be a weapon of mass destruction. This is how people get tarred with the same brush[:(]

[quote user="La Guerriere"]From my own obervations, drivers of BMWs automatically assume they have some god-given right to drive at least 30 klicks over the speed limit. Maybe they come with defective speedos.[/quote]

You have not observed us then - we claim the Boudicca given right to drive at least 50 above the limit. This cannot be done without an accurate speedo and silver paint of course.

John [kiss]

and

[quote user="La Guerriere"]From my own obervations, drivers of BMWs automatically assume they have some god-given right to drive at least 30 klicks over the speed limit. Maybe they come with defective speedos.[/quote]

Pathetic, god didn't give us the right at all...we took it

.................and in Germany it is reported that Government plans to privatise the motorway network collapsed when they realised that the outside lane was already owned by BMW owners.