Chances of car starting

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]... has never let me down yet....

oh and the alarm has been armed the entire time.[/quote]

Just in case the alarm has been set off due to the gale force winds we have had whilst you were away have you some jump leads in your boot - câbles de démarrage? OH needed to use them in very similar circumstances.

Of course it will start. Assuming the battery was not previously weak, it will start no problem at all. Infact if it didnt, I would be very surprised indeed. An alarm draws a very small current and the battery should easily have the capacity.

My old Vectra used to sit for several months at a time including extended periods at airport carparks, and always started first time, and today I dragged the Renault Master flatbed out of the back of the farmyard. It hadnt been touched for at least 8 months and although it turned over very slowly, it had just enough juice to kick it over and fire.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Fantastic, my mind is more at ease.

The battery has been fine so far, so hopefully shouldn't be a problem. Assuming the airport hasn't been blown over and landed on it.[/quote]

Or that the car is still there, of course [Www][:D]

My old Polo starts first time after months of disuse. OTOH, my husband's old Porsche is terrible after being left for a few weeks, even if the battery is fairly new. I guess it's to do with the amount taken by the alarm, but it's often on charge. My Polo dosn't have an alarm, or much else come to that!

I was wondering why Richard has his alarm on if he is not there, if it goes off no one will do anything unless they get annoyed by the alarm which will only draw attention to the fact the car is abandoned and of course increase the chance of returning to a flat battery.

Its been very cold over the last month so good luck Richard, take a set of jump leads just in case.

Maybe someone on your flight or someone collecting people has some and will come to your aid if needed, Richard. Fingers crossed that it'll start first time.

The Porsche is linked up to the battery as I type - it almost turned over, but not quite! That's after 3 weeks away! The Polo started first time of course! ;o)

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]The alarm is on because I pressed the button on my key to lock the doors which automatically sets the alarm. If I'd thought about it, I'd have just locked it with the key as the car park is secure. Wonder if I can buy jump leads at the airport....[/quote]

Noticed in Maplin today a little jump start pack not heavy a couple of kilos max if you are goint to repeat the leaving of your car maybe an idea or get the bigger ones that I used to keep in the van to start un-grateful Brits at tours airport.

I have foud that cars with passive alarms, those that only react to the door/bonnet/boot being opened will last for ages on a good battery, the only circuit that is activated is the receiver for the central locking.

Those that have volumetric protection whether it be ultrasonic or microwave are gourmand of current and typically will discharge within the time of the average package tour holiday, its quite a moneymaker for the depanneurs at the airport car parks.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]I costed it up, it was cheaper to park the car than to hire one or go by train etc. Plus a lot easier too.[/quote]

Right up to the point when......................

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Got to the car and put the key in the

ignition and....

dead battery!

Had to wait until someone came into the car park with a set of jump

leads. Thankfully they did after about 20 minutes of waiting.

I will know better next time!

It's horrible being back though :([/quote]

Buy yourself a spare battery and a set of jump leads for next  time.

EDIT: Wish that bl00dy guru would get his bl00dy meditation over and done with....[:@]