Chances of car starting

Glad to hear you're back safely, Richard. Shame about the battery, weather etc. It's always a downer after an enjoyable trip - and I'm sure your's was just that - and a whole lot warmer too! On our return from 2 months in Oz and NZ I froze for ages - it was early Feb, UK was cold, damp and grey - nasty after such sunshine and blue skies! It was depressing after such a great trip! Keep warm! ;o)

Edit: I see that Ab and AnOther are using icons; mine have disappeared again! Where do they go?

Second edit: I've just seen Teapot's reply on another thread; lo and behold, they're back! Thanks Teapot, Clair, Cat! [:)] [:D] [kiss]

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Got to the car and put the key in the ignition and....

dead battery!

Had to wait until someone came into the car park with a set of jump leads. Thankfully they did after about 20 minutes of waiting.

I will know better next time! [/quote]

Sorry to hear about the battery, but pleased you got the car started after only a short wait.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]If the airport car park has any sense they'll have a battery charger in their office.[/quote]But even with that it would take some time to get you moving.

It's happened to me only once, after five weeks of parking at Bordeaux airport.  I'm happy to report that they're very well organized there.  They have a little van on standby, equipped with jumper cables.  I went to the terminal building to ask for help, and the van was waiting for me when I got back to my car.

No charge for the service - although the parking is expensive.