Glove compartment

LEO

[quote user="Polly"][quote user="sweet 17"]Thank you, Teapot, but where does "Polly" come in?  Do you think that's Ernie's bird?[:D][/quote]

NO WAY!!!!

[/quote]Aussi moi !!!![:D][:D][:D]

No, the clutch is not from a (The) Stag, unfortunately on that front a complete engine rebuild is the order of the day [:(]

Nope! Leo, je ne suis pas française.

For those of you who really want to know....my RH glove box (of the vehicle I have just checked) contains one glove, dog biscuits, 2 trolley jetons, an empty sunglasses case and a duster.

The LH glove box contains a Michelin map for the local area, and out-of-date Michelin map for the whole of France, car papers & accident statement form (with pen), notebook, wind-up torch, box of plasters and a corkscrew.

A reflective gilet, kitchen roll, wet wipes and a full first aid kit are on the parcel shelf below.

Under the passenger seat there are two bottles of water, dog bowl and poo pick-up bags.

Under the dog in the back there's a warning triangle, spare wheel, b great bar with the right socket so I can get wheel nuts off if I need to change a wheel, umpteen spares incl lightbulbs and a bag of useful rags.

Satisfied?

Oops, Polly, apologies for thinking you were Ernie's bird.  Aaarrrggghhh, should have known really; Ernies' OH is called Mrs Bluecat.  So, it wouldn't have done to have had a Polly and a Bluecat?

Er...Polly, just curious, what are you in such a state of preparedness for?  Or were you just in the Girl Guides?

I put parcels on the parcel shelf, and my umbrella and sometimes a coat, or flowers.

In my glove box is the handbook for the car, with our insurance details tucked in the front  and CDs -  I almost hate to admit this but I had a clear out and have only put the three new CDs that were birthday gifts back in: John Barrowman's latest, Carly Simon's latest (before it was given away free in the Mail, how sad is that ?) and Take That' Circus' I've had the radio on a lot lately [;-)]

I was working on a documentary in the "States" once, and I went to put my stuff, in the boot!! "That's the trunk" I was told. That lead to a bit of research and

Boot, UK, because when they first started putting luggage containers on cars (Edwardian cica 1910) they were mainly for your hunting/riding boots, not suit cases, these went on a rack on the roof.

Trunk in the USA, as on stages coaches, trunks were strapped to the back of the coach.

Glove box is obvious, but the days of string backed driving gloves are long gone!!

In the states "fenders" as in to protect the wheels, why we have wings in the UK, who knows? Similarly it's a mystery why the Americans keep their engines under a hood!!!