Eat yer hearts out peeps

AnOther

Lovely Ernie! [:D]

As a student many many moons ago, I worked in a mountain refuge on the edge of that big lake south-east of Beaufort. The old Renault 4 my friend was driving conked out on the drive there and we had to stop half-way up to let it cool down...

We arrived in early July and the winter snow hadn't melted yet!

The countryside is breath-taking there and I have yet to see a more stunning mountain view (nostalgia-tinted sunglasses firmly on!)

[quote user="Patf"]Looks wonderful Ernie. Don't like the look of those close-packed zigzags though - must have beeen almost vertical.[+o(][/quote]It was and we loved it. Still falls slightly short of the Stelvio Pass though, been there and done that too - AND in the MG [:D]

[IMG]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/biskitboyo/Stelvio.jpg[/IMG]

• 9 months later...

Struth Bruce, or should that be Clair? That looks like a nice easy Wednesday afternoon bike ride? I for one will see if I can remember to watch that one!

Old age says I will have to post reminders all round the house, if I remember to post them?

I have yet to fathom out how they can just keep their legs going like that for 5 hours at a stretch. I get tired watching them, thirsty too and it's costing a fortune in beer just keeping up with the watching!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]????[8-)]????[/quote]

See! You've already forgotten that you wrote:

[quote user="Jonzjob"]I for one will

see if I can remember to watch that one!

Old age says I will have to post reminders all round the house, if I remember to post them?[/quote]

[:D] [:D] [:D]

• 1 year later...