Look after the pennies - here's a tip for you...

Ian

I reckon at least 75% of kitchen roll/towel "applications" require less than a whole sheet. So ....

I cut my rolls in half. I KNOW this is saving me money!

BTW Intermarche is currently selling a 12 pack of kitchen rolls for €3.55 (this beats my usual supplier Lidl - who sell a 4 roll pack for €1.59)

[quote user="cooperlola"]Use a cloth and rinse it under the tap.  Kitchen rolls have to be one of the cons of recent times.  What do you think your granny used?[:D][/quote]

I'm sure you're right, but with 5 animals and costing less than a euro a week, kitchen paper is one of life's little luxuries  I plan to keep!

If you shop around a few agricultural and autmotive suppliers, you can find very large rolls of kitchenroll equivelant, which work out much better value. It doesnt have pretty flowers printed on it, but its just as effective, and less likely to turn to mush when wet.

I paid about 10 euros for a roll, which lasted me an entire season of cleaning the gites and my own house, with plenty left over.

[quote user="dave21478"]

If you shop around a few agricultural and autmotive suppliers, you can find very large rolls of kitchenroll equivelant, which work out much better value. It doesnt have pretty flowers printed on it, but its just as effective, and less likely to turn to mush when wet.

I paid about 10 euros for a roll, which lasted me an entire season of cleaning the gites and my own house, with plenty left over.

[/quote]

I'll have a look as I never buy the stuff with patterns anyway. I imagine that this would come as an enormous roll?

[quote user="KathyC"][quote user="BIG MAC"]

Why not split two ply toilet paper in half then fold it....then use both sides?

[/quote]

I believe the old rule was "one up, one down and a polisher"!

[/quote]

Didn't Chaucer decide a gooses neck was best or maybe it was a swan...

[quote user="ErnieY"]Can you still get Izal Medicated I wonder, as I remember it worked by evaporation because it certainly wasn't very absorbent [:$]

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2241/1727674486_78e0a240ef.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

TRUE STORY....

I knew a market trader that sold household goods. Plastic wear, washing up liquid, mops and stuff.

He was very succesful and started some shops... until the taxman descended and presented him with an enormous estimated bill for under-paying tax.

It was a large amount and he was not a happy chappy, he fought hard, they made his life a misery, eventually had to pay the majority of the estimate amount.

Time went by and a few years later the tax man phoned him up and invited him into there office for a little chat. He was shaking in his boots as he thought they had it in for him and the nightmare was going to return.

With trepidation he kept the meeting. He was very nervous and perturbed when the senior tax officer made some small talk then offered him tea and it came with biscuits. He was begining to sweat.

After he had managed to drink the tea and munch on the nice biscuit the senior taxman uhmmed and ahhed and got down to it asking how business was. Not as good as was came the reply. Well perhaps we can help the taxman said.

Mr Market Trader was incredulous they wanted to help me..Taxman said ' We thought of you...Do you sell toilet roll? Because we have just changed from Izal Medicated to soft two ply and have 500 cases unused, we thought you might make us an offer for it?'

The market trader told him where he could stick his excess stock...

[quote user="Jo"]It was all our school used, but must have been the 'posh' version as ours had....

"Now wash your hands please" printed on it![:$]

[/quote]

In my early days we had, "Dixon of Dock Green or Bill and Ben the flowerpot men" as we used pages of  "The Radio Times" cut into

four!